cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PendFed Power Cash approval FICO scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PendFed Power Cash approval FICO scores?

Wallethub says excellent score is needed(750~) yet I see plenty of guys here having it despite having lower scores, even below 700. Granted they seem to have just platinum Visa, not sig(less than 5k SL).

I desperately? need a card to charge on frequent car rentals(which is actually my biggest expense so far), and current CO SO won't do for a mere 1% lol. 1.5% to 2% should do it(Citi Custon Cash is 5% but don't think they provide CDW). Plus they seem to query EQ, which I have the least inquiries.

Not applying soon, but if I do later on, probably will apply for this 1st(this or CCC or..Delta?), I do need a CC from CU(hopefully also for a fast-track CLI lol, I gave up on CFF Smiley Indifferent and it's only 1% anyway. But CLI is HP I hear, and do they in fact fast-track it like Amex or Navy? Hmmm...) to diversify.

Am aiming for Visa sig(5k SL), don't have Visa CC now, so that's another case for diversification.

Any DPs guys? Acceptance EQ FICO scores I mean, thanks. Am already a member($5 parked at Savings!).

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
disney2
Regular Contributor

Re: PendFed Power Cash approval FICO scores?

I've had mine for about a year I think and my score was not above 700.  My SL was $14000.  I had the $5 parked as well. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disney2 wrote:

I've had mine for about a year I think and my score was not above 700.  My SL was $14000.  I had the $5 parked as well. 

14k????!! @disney2 You must have great income and few inqs Smiley LOL Jealous! 

Message 3 of 14
disney2
Regular Contributor

My income is decent for the area but not not in most areas. My inquiries are a very healthy number. I'm down to 9 now. 😂 it was more when I was approved though. 

Message 4 of 14
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wallethub says excellent score is needed(750~) yet I see plenty of guys here having it despite having lower scores, even below 700. Granted they seem to have just platinum Visa, not sig(less than 5k SL).

I desperately? need a card to charge on frequent car rentals(which is actually my biggest expense so far), and current CO SO won't do for a mere 1% lol. 1.5% to 2% should do it(Citi Custon Cash is 5% but don't think they provide CDW). Plus they seem to query EQ, which I have the least inquiries.

Not applying soon, but if I do later on, probably will apply for this 1st(this or CCC or..Delta?), I do need a CC from CU(hopefully also for a fast-track CLI lol, I gave up on CFF Smiley Indifferent and it's only 1% anyway. But CLI is HP I hear, and do they in fact fast-track it like Amex or Navy? Hmmm...) to diversify.

Am aiming for Visa sig(5k SL), don't have Visa CC now, so that's another case for diversification.

Any DPs guys? Acceptance EQ FICO scores I mean, thanks. Am already a member($5 parked at Savings!).

I was approved december 12th with fico's in the 670's, a less than 2 year old bk7 and only 36000 a year income.

Penfed PCR signature visa sl 7500 at 17.99, ymmv

Also I only had 15 bucks in a savings only

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't overthink this. Your scores are fine I hp is not the end of the world  and PF has been overly generous the last several months. My income is probably the lowest on the forum and I've gotten 45k from PenfedSmiley Wink. Go for itSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. It's an excellent card and I think it would serve your purposes well.

2. I'm sure you don't need anything like a 750 score to get it; there's nothing especially difficult about the underwriting for the card.

3. To get the 2% cashback rate (as opposed to 1.5%) I believe you may need to make electronic deposits of $500 month in the free checking account. (Which is of course easy to do. You can just make the deposit(s), then pay the card from the checking account)

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 14
disney2
Regular Contributor

I just got the checking last week but don't remember any deposit requirements at all. 

Message 8 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@disney2 wrote:

I just got the checking last week but don't remember any deposit requirements at all. 

There are no deposit requirements for the free checking account.

But there are conflicting statements on the website as to whether you need to meet the requirements in order to get the 2 % cashback on the Power Cash.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

you guys Smiley LOL I'll be literally dancing if I get 7500 SL lol. You guys must have thick file/long history?!

Why didn't I apply for CU in the 1st place 😭 Seriously thinking of starting a thread 'what might have been(IDEAL applying scenario)!' 😅   

And yeah, that 500 requirement is ambiguous in regard to free checking. Haven't seen DP regarding that either(Free, not Access checking for Honors prog which was a prerequisite for 2%)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.