Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending App Spree!

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Pending App Spree!

Sorry to hijack but how much do personal loans weigh on credit reports? It would obviously be a small loan just about 1000, I wouldn't spend any just make the payments, let it report for the 6 months then pay off the remaining balance would this really increase my score or be a waste of time? I have a butt load of student loans. If anyone can bring light to this or send me a link to a forum on here explaining this that would be appreciated Smiley Happy
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 21 of 24
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@civilitermortuse wrote:

Store cards are a bad idea they give little to nothing in return compared to other cards, for instance I just recently got a Mileage Plus with United for 50,000 miles sign up bonus + 5,000 for adding an authorized user, and 10k points bonus for spending 25k in a year (very easy for most people if you include mortgage) This itself got me enough points to take 1 free trip across the world.

How do you pay for your mortgage with a credit card?

Message 22 of 24
colindidit
Established Contributor

Maybe he requested a check and used it towards his mortgage ?
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 23 of 24
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

You can't app for CSP, unless you have a CC with at least a 5k limit.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.