Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed $100 promotion question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed $100 promotion question...

Hello,

Just got my platinum rewards card and I see there's a $100 bonus if you spend 1500 within the first three months. I usually spend a little less than that in 3 months since I can't pay rent , electric, ect. W/ a credit card. Question is, are there ways around the $1500? Can I buy a $500 Visa card from Walmart? Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed $100 promotion question...

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

Just got my platinum rewards card and I see there's a $100 bonus if you spend 1500 within the first three months. I usually spend a little less than that in 3 months since I can't pay rent , electric, ect. W/ a credit card. Question is, are there ways around the $1500? Can I buy a $500 Visa card from Walmart? Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks!

Credit card companies have somewhat caught on to the gift card purchases to earn bonuses . . I'd personally stay away from it.

You can pay your rent with a credit card using Plastiq for a 2.5% fee. It can make sense . . . if your rent is $1000 and you pay a $25 fee, you still get to earn and keep $75 of that bonus without spending money on things you don't need.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have car insurance you can pay that with your card with no fee.  I would think gas, food and car insurance would get anyone over 1500 dollars in 3 months.  Also cell phone bills.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can buy a single gift card with your PenFed card and be fine.

Message 4 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Cell phone companies usually accept credit cards also

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the difference between that and a gift card? Penfed would accept that? Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.