Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed BT Offer

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Penfed BT Offer

Curious, with this cap on the 3% fee (250) could you potentially do a BT to a debit card? For example, to my BOA or Chase debit cards? Anyone done this before?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed BT Offer

What do you mean by do a BT to a debit card? Do you mean write a convenience/bt check and deposit it into a checking account?
Message 2 of 5
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
What do you mean by do a BT to a debit card? Do you mean write a convenience/bt check and deposit it into a checking account?

No, actually penfed asks you to enter an account number and amount to transfer (usually a credit card number). 

Message 3 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Your asking like a cash advance. I never heard anything like this before. But I believe a CC have a distinctive number so a company knows, but I could be wrong.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 5
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Some banks like Citi will let you BT to a cheking account.  I don't know about Penfed.  Why not just try using the debit card number and see what happens? The worst that can happen is it doesn't go through.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.