Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed CC

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Penfed CC

Does anyone know if Penfed has a secured CC?

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed CC

I believe they do, but if the rep advised me correctly, it's only for rebuilders and they won't approve it for someone with mediocre or better credit. PenFed is very picky-choosy about their approvals for all their credit products IMO. I have about given up on them personally, although I still have my eye on that Platinum Cash Back card sort of.

Message 2 of 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Agreed - they are very picky!

But, once you are in and have established a good track record with them, they are IMO very generous with their credit lines.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MS00000000 wrote:

I believe they do, but if the rep advised me correctly, it's only for rebuilders and they won't approve it for someone with mediocre or better credit. PenFed is very picky-choosy about their approvals for all their credit products IMO. I have about given up on them personally, although I still have my eye on that Platinum Cash Back card sort of.

PenFed secured cards come in two flavors: one for those with poor credit and one for those with no credit.  If you are anywhere between the two then you are SOL.  Strange, but true.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with a rep after I opened my acct a few weeks ago. She told me with my score (which was low 600's at the time) I would qualify for their secured card, but it would have a $1,000 max.  Also (slightly off-topic) they were very restrictive of my acct funding options. Basicly I have to mail them a money order, then wait 10 business days for it to be clear and post to my account. The rep did say I could wait 60 days and have them re-review my credit score, and if it's improved I presumably would have some quicker acct funding options available.

One more thing, Penfed did a hardpull when I opened my acct.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.