Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed... Docs for verification..

tag
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed... Docs for verification..

@atst2000 wrote:

A piece of advice for PenFed is Run...as fast as you can.

Worst customer service ever, and did the same with me...sorry but no credit card

is worth giving you my personal information.

Your joking right?

So you would lend someone money without knowing any personal information about them?

Penfed is one of the BEST credit unions in the nation.

Message 11 of 15
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Anytime I see the name PenFed I cringe. Someone tried to open accounts in both my wife and I's name back in November. The inquiry is still showing up on my EQ report even though I received a letter from them last month stating that it would be changed to a soft pull. I'm not mad at PenFed per se but again the sight of their name makes my skin crawl. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EdMan63 wrote:

Anytime I see the name PenFed I cringe. Someone tried to open accounts in both my wife and I's name back in November. The inquiry is still showing up on my EQ report even though I received a letter from them last month stating that it would be changed to a soft pull. I'm not mad at PenFed per se but again the sight of their name makes my skin crawl. 

Did you file a police report for identity theft?  If so, CRAs are automatically required to remove any info on your reports that was put there as a result of the crime.  Otherwise it might take a month or so for the inquiry to be removed if they submitted a request to the bureau to have it removed.

Message 13 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
"sorry but no credit card
is worth giving you my personal information."

You fill out the app with your personal information? They're giving unsecured credit sounds fair to me Smiley Surprised

Maybe the responder feels very protective about utility info (which wasn't asked on the app!)

Is a utility bill really proof of anything though?  I assume that Penfed doesn't contact the utility so I could photoshop on another bill, or provide an entirely  genuine one from LongTermLurker Energy Incorporated "Supplying all your energy needs since,um, just now"

Message 14 of 15
happypill
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
"sorry but no credit card
is worth giving you my personal information."

You fill out the app with your personal information? They're giving unsecured credit sounds fair to me Smiley Surprised

Maybe the responder feels very protective about utility info (which wasn't asked on the app!)

Is a utility bill really proof of anything though?  I assume that Penfed doesn't contact the utility so I could photoshop on another bill, or provide an entirely  genuine one from LongTermLurker Energy Incorporated "Supplying all your energy needs since,um, just now"

Maybe I can send myself a utility bill for the power from this solar phone charger and use that to confirm my address.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.