Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Platinum Rewards Card

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed Platinum Rewards Card

Wow, did Penfed just remove this card from their site?  Whether you look under the credit card listings on the main site or logged in - I now only see the Signature card!  You think they're phasing this out to the 3%-2%-1% rewards only?

Message 11 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Looks like it's gone for new applicants (which makes sense) although they still have the old cash one (5% off gas, 0.25% of the rest).  As I said earlier, we don't know what will happen to existing card holders.  Some have already been given the option to switch to the Signature version, and I was told we all would be given that option.  (Actually, it's an opt-out, unless you explicitly decline, you get converted).   What's not clear is what happens to those that opt out.  I just find it hard to believe that they would continue to get 5/3/1 for a long period.

Message 12 of 14
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

That's really disappointing, especially for my planned spree in the fall. I thought the non-signature version looked better too. . .

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 13 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

Well, I don't know if I was feeling app-happy or what, but on a whim I checked the BofA site for pre-approved offers.  The Cash Rewards card came up as an offer, and I pulled the trigger!  Approved instantly for $5,000.  Smiley Very Happy

congrats and nice limit! I have a penfed membership/account but havent pulled the trigger cuz i have 2 chargeoffs from 2007 due to fall off in 2014 so will apply then.There a very conservative lender.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.