Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed...Possible to Recon?

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Penfed...Possible to Recon?

hello folks,

since i had a freebee to apply for another product with penfed from the same pull for opening an account, I went ahead but was denied...reason: too many delinquent account or lates...the only thing i have on all of my reports that are delinquent are my student loans that i consolidated back in april...was wondering if anyone here have had success with recon with penfed and if a backdoor number might be available...

also...eventhough I apped for the cc (promise card) within 30 days of opening my account, penfed pulled another EQ report for the CC! i'll have to contact them again for that as well...from my understanding, and even from a csr i spoke with, it should only be one pull for accounts as long as it's within 30 days...i'm only on my 3rd week actually and they pulled another EQ CR.

appreciate the advice.... Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed...Possible to Recon?

I think you will need much higher scores for PenFed.  Recon will cost you another HP and is unlikely to get anywhere.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

sorry...my scores are in the 680-690 across the board...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

How many inquiries and any derogs?

PenFed is very conservative 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I would shoot for closer to 750, but some people are declined even then.  Check these forums for more info about this CU.  Here is one related thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PenFed-Credit-Union-APP-results-and-FICO-SURVEY/m-p/476...

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

ok...thanks everyone! i'll just have to get my scores higher...heh... Smiley Happy

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

ok...thanks everyone! i'll just have to get my scores higher...heh... Smiley Happy

Find out why the extra hard pull and since you will have them on the phone see if there is a recon dept....but make sure no more pulls 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

Find out why the extra hard pull and since you will have them on the phone see if there is a recon dept....but make sure no more pulls 

Good luck

I'll be contacting them first thing on monday, myjourney! i've only asked for recon once back in feb and it was a denial, but I've got nothing to loose Smiley Wink dampens my spirit a bit to be denied but gotta keep my head up Smiley Happy thanks!

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Don't let it get you down. PenFed can be extremely conservative. Your time will come.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.