cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Promise PC to Plat Rewards success!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Penfed Promise PC to Plat Rewards success!

My original plan had always been to get the PF Plat Rewards cc because it's a great card!  Applied several times over last 2 yrs and declined for various reasons. Then 3 months ago got the Promise on recon for $500, then a cli to $5k. Since the Plat Rewards is a CL min of $5k, I wanted to see if I could pc to it. Was told I had to be approved first for the PC.  (Apparently at PF you have to be "approved" for everything! BT, PC etc...)

anyway, was approved for the card, but they had to close the Promise first, as the Plat was a new number new acct , which I didn't know until after she closed the acct, and approved the other card(sighs).  Oh well, I have the card I wanted to begin with anyways, so I'm happy about that, but since it's a new acct reporting my garden clock restarts, what a surprise! lol. Luckily it happened still in the month of January so I can start February with a clean slate!

Data points:

10/31/16----approved on recon, Promise cc $500

12/15/16----CLI to $5k

01/26/17----approved for pc to Plat Rewards 

All within the 90 days of original app, and they used my same original app for the cli and pc. When I received the letters, it stated the pull from 10/31

a few thoughts to remember I'd like to share, as I didn't know this------

at PF, you have to be "approved" for everything. BT, PC, whatever. 

Also, if you want to PC to a different card, they will close your current card after you're approved for the other card you want to pc too,  and the new card is a new acct/new number, and  reports as such to the CRA, with the prior card "closed". 

IMG_6992.JPG

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Penfed Promise PC to Plat Rewards success!

Oh Pizza, we are going to have to rename the garden, Pizza Palace lol, look at all the shiny's Smiley Happy.

While your at it tell Penfed to "lend me " that $4500 from your Promise card ok, PROMISE meSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oh Pizza, we are going to have to rename the garden, Pizza Palace lol, look at all the shiny's Smiley Happy.

While your at it tell Penfed to "lend me " that $4500 from your Promise card ok, PROMISE meSmiley Wink

LOL...I never did like the "great outdoors", hheheheSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! That seems like such a better option than the Promise! So I need to call in and ask to PC or were you able to do it via their secured email? I'm outside of the 90 days which is a bummer!

Message 4 of 7
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Nice job! I also used a PC to get the card I wanted from penfed. The doors really open up after you have a credit product with them and use it responsibly.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! That seems like such a better option than the Promise! So I need to call in and ask to PC or were you able to do it via their secured email? I'm outside of the 90 days which is a bummer!

Thanks!!

Yes, you call in ask for CC lending, and tell them you'd like to PC to the rewards because it fits your spend/lifestyle better or whatever you want to tell them. Your current CL must be $5k on your existing card, and it will be a NEW HP for you, and IF approved for the PC, it will be a NEW acct.  Also, your current card will need to be at a $0 bal. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!!

Yes, you call in ask for CC lending, and tell them you'd like to PC to the rewards because it fits your spend/lifestyle better or whatever you want to tell them. Your current CL must be $5k on your existing card, and it will be a NEW HP for you, and IF approved for the PC, it will be a NEW acct.  Also, your current card will need to be at a $0 bal. 

It's a bummer for the HP's, but I feel it's necessary! I currently have a $7600 limit so that shouldn't be a big deal. I'll have to call after the next payment posts. Thanks for sharing this info!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.