Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Reallocation Recently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed Reallocation Recently?

Has anyone been able to do reallocation with Penfed recently?

I wanted to closeout my Pathfinder Visa Sig and move over the CL to my PCR which is a regular Visa only. 

I tried calling a few days ago and was denied. They couldn't give me a reason for the denial other than that they couldn't do it. I called kinda late and was put on hold about 3 times cause they were trying to find someone who could answer the question.

All they said I could do was closeout my Pathfinder and apply for a CLI for my PCR but not guaranteed to get an increase and it would be a hard pull. So I passed on that.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Penfed Reallocation Recently?

I tried to close my PCR and combine into my Defender very recently.  Was simply told flat that they no longer do it, and my only option to get it done was to close PCR and then ask for a $20k CLI on Defender (with an inquiry of course).

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to closeout my Pathfinder Visa Sig and move over the CL to my PCR which is a regular Visa only. 

I tried calling a few days ago and was denied. They couldn't give me a reason for the denial other than that they couldn't do it. I called kinda late and was put on hold about 3 times cause they were trying to find someone who could answer the question.

All they said I could do was closeout my Pathfinder and apply for a CLI for my PCR but not guaranteed to get an increase and it would be a hard pull. So I passed on that.

Probably because your Pathfinder is Amex and PCR is Visa? I read some where it has to be visa to visa.

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably because your Pathfinder is Amex and PCR is Visa? I read some where it has to be visa to visa.

Nope.  That's not really it.  Most (if not all by now), of their previous legacy AmEx CCs were converted to the Visa network.

They simply restricted CL reallocations in general as of late.  I was able to reallocate CLs about a year or so (when AmEx/Visa transitions were taking place), to simplify the number of PenFed CCs.  

Message 4 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

In my case it was Visa to Visa.  For now I am just going to wait it out until they either allow this again or I end up just closing PCR.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

In my case it was Visa to Visa.  For now I am just going to wait it out until they either allow this again or I end up just closing PCR.

Dang. I'm going to have to do the same as well. Guess I'll put something on the card before they close it on me for not using it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.