Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Website

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed Website

@Lyythine wrote:

Im a member of oh... 6 or 7 credit unions (only 3 of which I really use)  and Penfed - to me, is worse than my local CU which has 3 branches...

I respect your opinion creditwherecreditisdue, however, in my humble opinion - they suck.

Love,

Your local disgruntled PenFed member 

I think this says it all.

Message 11 of 33
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Im only disgruntled for the reasons Ive already stated... no extraordinary personal experience which caused me to feel this way.
Message 12 of 33
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I love Penfed but the website is archaic. I can live w/o pending charges posted but at least reduce the credit available as we go. Even my GF's Orchard card posts pending transactions immediately.
Message 13 of 33
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
I love Penfed but the website is archaic. I can live w/o pending charges posted but at least reduce the credit available as we go. Even my GF's Orchard card posts pending transactions immediately.

I am pretty sure my available credit goes down as I charge before the charges post. I will be checking that very carefully as soon as I get past my EOM freeze. (That would be tomorrow or the next day, and I have an auto-charge that posts on the 17th so it won't take long to tell.)
Message 14 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

LynetteM wrote:

On payment crediting....I normally pay my cc's online 2 days before statement cut. (I'm still trying to learn how many cc companies handle weekend payments.) If my PenFed statement is due to cut on 9-24, how far out should I pay to try to zero it? This will be my first time around. 

I would stop using the card as early as the 18th or 19th, especially if there's a weekend involved, and let any last-minute charges trickle in, and then pay on the 23rd. Even though the payment won't display for a few days, they do credit it immediately. (I pay on the PenFed site on the transfer funds screen, paying from my checking at USAA.) I think I once paid on the morning that my statement cut, and it posted in time, but I was sweating bullets. I wouldn't recommend that for anyone!

As for customer service, I've found them to be very friendly. One CSR was very chatty. My husband and I applied for a joint CC. When she asked me his birthday and saw that it was 12 years later than mine, she called me a "cougar." I had no idea what she meant...until I asked my daughter. What a heck of a thing for a CSR to say to someone.

Whoa! Smiley Surprised OK, that's... different!

And I thought I suffer from foot-in-mouth disease.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Meanwhile I really don't understand the complaining...

What's not to understand?? Different people have different experiences, and they have every right in the world to report them here.

I'm grateful that it works well for me, but I certainly don't discount the reports of others who've fared differently.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 33
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Meanwhile I really don't understand the complaining...

What's not to understand?? Different people have different experiences, and they have every right in the world to report them here.

I'm grateful that it works well for me, but I certainly don't discount the reports of others who've fared differently.

Quoted out of context, and that's fineMy entire post is above and if anybody made it this far they have read it.

Just as people have the "right" to complain, I have an equal "right" to post to the contrary.

We (you and I) find the website totally adequate to our purposes.

We (you and I) find posting payments far easier with the revised website. (I no longer have to have the website open on two screens while I do it.)

I frequently transfer my payments to my PenFed CC's as outlined above on the 15th or 16th for a 16th statement cutoff and there has never been a single payment not show up on the statement when it was cut. I transferred the last $100 today - it will be there tomorrow morning when I open the website.

I wonder if any of those who find the website lacking have composed a list of problems/suggested solutions and communicated same to PenFed? I am sure their systems people would love the feedback.

Message 17 of 33
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I report back on findings:

1) Payment I transferred to CC yesterday ($100.00) to PIF account before the statement closed was posted and reflected in the balance the following day. Current balance now showing = -5.92, the amount of the cash back.

2) My autopayment from this CC scheduled for the 17th was processed. The charge has not posted but the amount has been reduced from the available balance. Amount of charge = 42,39, Available balance = 9,958.00.

This all worked pretty much the way I thought it would.

Message 18 of 33
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Want to add me as an AU? 

I just paid my balance in full last monday... account was credited 4 days later on thursday night at midnight.

Also, Ive been a penfed member for 2 years, so not due to newbie status 

Message 19 of 33
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Which prompted me to look and now the charge has posted

Transaction Date: 09/17/2009

Posting Date: 09/17/2009

Decription: LA FITNESS 800-600-2540 CA

Amount: 42.39

How do you make your payments? My process is outlined upthread and it works perfectly.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.