Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed and Android Pay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed and Android Pay?

Anyone have any experience with adding a card to Android Pay from Penfed? Tried adding my PCR card in Android Pay but it asks me to call my bank to verify my card. Called Penfed and the CSR said she had to fill out a form and that I should receive some sort of contact from Penfed in a few days. Thought that was strange. Usually it's just a verification code that you have to enter when you add a card to Android Pay. It was the first time Android Pay said to contact my bank to verify.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: Penfed and Android Pay?

I called yesterday to add my new PenFed debit card to my Android pay. After jumping through the authentication hoops with the CSR, I hung up expecting it to automatically advance to the next step.

Still waiting...

Guess I will call again on Monday.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 2 of 4
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I signed up my PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa for Apple Pay directly from my iPhone, and it was immediately activated.  No extra steps.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit of an update.

I have yet to recevie a response from Penfed like the CSR said. However, I noticed that my Penfed card no longer asked to be verified in the Android Pay app today.

Tried paying for an Uber with Android Pay using my Penfed card but it gave me an issue and tried two more times. Third time was the charm. I wasn't too sure which card I paid with my thrid time until I recevied my Uber recepit via e-mail. Tried it once more later in the day by buying some stuff at Staples and it went through without an issue. Guess it's working now with Android Pay.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.