Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed denial

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed denial

@brooklyngal wrote:
What was the denial reason? If it was "pyramiding debt", they will NOT recon--regardless of your score. I was denied for this reason and I was told that my new accounts have to be at least 6 months old in order to try again.

Is that a polite way of saying too many new accounts?
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 15
brooklyngal
Contributor

Guess so!

*rofl*

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@brooklyngal wrote:
What was the denial reason? If it was "pyramiding debt", they will NOT recon--regardless of your score. I was denied for this reason and I was told that my new accounts have to be at least 6 months old in order to try again.

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brooklyngal wrote:
Guess so!

*rofl*

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@brooklyngal wrote:

Penfed doesn't understand the difference between credit and debt?

Having a lot of new credit is not even close to the same thing as "pyramiding debt."

This amazes me.  I always thought "pyramiding debt" referred to the practice of opening new accounts while not paying off existing debt at the same time.

Message 13 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

It's a catch all denial. Once they see you can handle your new lines they will approve you all things being equal.
Message 14 of 15
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

It does and they fully understand. They are just very sensitive about new accounts.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.