Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed holding my available credit more than 10 days

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Penfed holding my available credit more than 10 days

In October after making a payment, the payment reflected the next day as being available.  Last month after making payment on 11/25, the payment still not reflected in my available credit line.
Message Edited by DI on 12-10-2009 04:33 PM
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed holding my available credit more then 10 days

@DI wrote:
In October after making a payment, the payment reflected the next day as being available.  Last month after making payment on 11/25, the payment still not reflected in my available credit line. 
Message Edited by DI on 12-09-2009 09:30 AM

DI, I am not a Penfed customer but on my CC Pages they show "PENDING PAYMENTS". Does Penfed have that option available and if so does it have your payment listed?

I know some have said that they hold payments on new customers for 10 days but this seems like an awful long time.

Message 2 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

The payment itself posted on 11/25.  It's a fact that Penfed holds payment for 10 days.  But today marks day number 14.  I'm livid!
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:
The payment itself posted on 11/25.  It's a fact that Penfed holds payment for 10 days.  But today marks day number 14.  I'm livid!

Certainly seems like a valid complaint. Have you tried calling CS for an explanation?
Message 4 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

Certainly seems like a valid complaint. Have you tried calling CS for an explanation?

No. I figured it's not worth the time. I'll penalize them for that and not use the card for a month.  

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi DI…..I'm new to Penfed too but haven't kept track of when things were posted and when my CL changed. With a $20K CL the 10-day hold doesn't really effect me but I'll keep track this month. 
Message 6 of 29
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Hi idmd

I was thinking of applying with Penfed but thinking my FICO score is not high enough today.  What kind of FICO range were you in when you applied.  I want to pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow especially when I see some of the CL folks have with them.

Thanks

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

770+ with a fairly high income……they did ask for pay stubs before granting my request for $20K.
Message 8 of 29
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

DI...I've never had PenFed hold payments. The payments are posted promptly. Do you mean that they hold available credit for 10 days?

Message 9 of 29
DI
Super Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

@DI wrote:

DI...I've never had PenFed hold payments. The payments are posted promptly. Do you mean that they hold available credit for 10 days?

Available Credit

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.