Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed - is that a LUV button???

tag
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Re: Penfed - is that a LUV button???

Did you accept it?  I haven't as of yet and I'm not sure I'm going to.  The rate at 3.9% souns good but, my car is in good shape, has fewer than 75K miles on it and best of all, no payments.   
Message 31 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:
Did you accept it?  I haven't as of yet and I'm not sure I'm going to.  The rate at 3.9% souns good but, my car is in good shape, has fewer than 75K miles on it and best of all, no payments.   

The question was related to the telephone call. Both of us here have pre-app'ed auto loans and no one has ever called us from PenFed about it, or anything else for that matter.
Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@pattycake wrote:

I have not received the card.  I was just wondering what would happen if I touched it, like maybe I'd get the cooties if I wasn't supposed to. 

Go ahead an push it. All it's going to do is take you to the app screen.

It is not a "luv button". PenFed has no luv button. If you want a CLI it is an app. They don't just increase your CL either (auto CLI). If you are worthy af six months to one year you will start receiving pre-approved offers, which for at least HTSU and me are truly pre-app and have been accepted and approved without hard inquiry. These offers show up in a box under the "Help" choice on the main menu.

Actually they do offer an auto CLI in a weird way. When they offer you a preapproval for a second card you can opt to have the CL offered to be added to your existing card instead.

What they actually offer you an additional amount of unsecured credit which you can accept in the form of almost any unsecured credit product, including adding it to your existing CC or adding another CC. You can accept all or part of what they offer you. I believe HTSU used her offer to add to her existing CC as did my SO. I took a second CC. All of these offers were accepted and approved without inquiry.

What unsecured products do they have besides credit cards?

Message 33 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

PenFed Unsecured Credit Products: 

1) Bill Consolidation Loan

2) Personal Loan

3) Thrifty Credit Service

4) Personal Line of Credit

5) Credit Cards

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

2) Personal Loan

5) Credit Cards

Thanks for the list.

I just spoke to a Penfed CSR and she stated that credit card preapproval offers cannot be assigned to any other product. It looks like the rates on all those products are so terrible that nobody would want to anyway.

Message 35 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2) Personal Loan

5) Credit Cards

Thanks for the list.

I just spoke to a Penfed CSR and she stated that credit card preapproval offers cannot be assigned to any other product. It looks like the rates on all those products are so terrible that nobody would want to anyway.

No one said or suggested that the preapproved offers could be moved to other products. The unsecured preapprovals are offered in parallel. Once one (unsecured) is accepted the remainder (unsecured) disappear while the secured offers may remain. I received offers for everything but the CC earlier and left them alone. (I have no need of those other things.) Eventually the CC offer came along, too.

Her Ladyship had $40K pre-app offers recently on all of the above and took $20K added to her CC. Someday I will figure out why one would need or want a $40K Thrifty Credit Service account.

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

2) Personal Loan

5) Credit Cards

Thanks for the list.

No one said or suggested that the preapproved offers could be moved to other products. The unsecured preapprovals are offered in parallel. Once one (unsecured) is accepted the remainder (unsecured) disappear while the secured offers may remain. I received offers for everything but the CC earlier and left them alone. (I have no need of those other things.) Eventually the CC offer came along, too.

Her Ladyship had $40K pre-app offers recently on all of the above and took $20K added to her CC. Someday I will figure out why one would need or want a $40K Thrifty Credit Service account.

It seems to me that is exactly what you suggested in your previous posts.

No parallel preapprovals here. Only one for a credit card, which after being accepted (twice now) has resulted in a denial, once with a second credit pull on another bureau.

I'm not saying the latter is untrue for you but not everybody receives parallel offers like you suggest.

Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

What they actually offer you an additional amount of unsecured credit which you can accept in the form of almost any unsecured credit product

No one said or suggested that the preapproved offers could be moved to other products.

????????????????

Message 38 of 40
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

C'mon, please stop quibbling.

The "Report Abuse to a Moderator" buttons are going to melt right off the forums.

In case you weren't aware, an awful lot of members are sick and tired of reading this endless wrangling over piddly-squat semantics.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not semantics. It's a matter of false info being posted over and over on multiple threads. That is what is getting old.
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.