Did you mean: 

Penfed question

tag
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed question

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ 804

...is 2 new accnts considered too many for their standards?

thanks

I give you a 90% chance of being approved.  I don't know what their current standards are the last couple months I have heard they have changed, but Penfed in the past has weighed FICO pretty heavy and if you have an 804 EQ and only two new accounts in the last year, then I think you will get approved for the Cash Rewards card.

Message 11 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: things that make ya go "hmmmm"

may i ask, did you open up additional banking products and deposit heavily on share or other accts?

your scores are rather dreamy, is this what you attribute the preapp. offers to?  thanks!

specultr wrote:
I applied for Penfed membership with 2 new-ish accounts (less than 6 months) and was accepted, but I didn't apply for any products because of debt and new accounts. Now about 9 months later, I have pre-approved offers from penfed in my share account online screen.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@specultr wrote:
I applied for Penfed membership with 2 new-ish accounts (less than 6 months) and was accepted, but I didn't apply for any products because of debt and new accounts. Now about 9 months later, I have pre-approved offers from penfed in my share account online screen.

since they do hit you with a hard inq for the membership application, it makes sense for me to wait until it is ideal time to apply for one of their card. that way i only get hit with one inq instead of two.

Message 13 of 15
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 14 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Makes no difference to Penfed how little or how much you have in a savings account. You will get the same credit limit on a credit card.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.