Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed savings and new CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed savings and new CC

I want to open a savings account with penfed and maybe see if i can get a CC with them. Joining up will be a hard pull, which is fine,. Does penfed want you to have a checking account with them to have their products, will the savings account suffice?

thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Penfed savings and new CC

Savings is fine.   But some of their cards (e.g. the 2% card ) may require checking if you are not a veteran.

Message 2 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The share savings account will suffice to get things started.  CC subject to credit approval, of course.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

im a veteran no worrys there.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, joined and got a savings account, when can i app for cards? i tried, but when i click on the paperless billing, read the terms of service and then click continue, nothing happens. I have tried several times, browser doesent move. Maybe because its 2 in the morning.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for membership and for a Pathfinder Rewards credit card over the phone in the same phone call. I was also approved for the card in the same call. They also combined inquiries so I only had 1 pull between both actions of becoming a member and getting the cc.
Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, if not already done so, try a different browser or call them.
Message 7 of 13
rbentley
Established Contributor

With NFCU and PenFed I think it is always better to do it over the phone, rather than apply online.  You reduce the chances of error and any problems can often be immediately addressed, rather than going to 24 hours or 7-10 day notices.  YMMV

Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I think it's a matter of personal preference, not necessarily which is better, since either channel is offered by both and would yield the same outcome, barring verification instances or additional documentation requirements.

I never had any issues submitting anything online with either NFCU or PenFed. I was only prompted to contact them a couple of times by both when additional verification was needed.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So as and update, I called in, got the power cash card starting at 5k (not my biggest card, but it is my biggest starting balance ever), I’ll get the 2 percent rewards. Should have card in 7-10 days. Gonna be my new daily driver!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.