cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed temporarily closed accounts, wanting to verify my info .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed temporarily closed accounts, wanting to verify my info .

Average joe exactly! That’s what I was thinking . I was willing to send in anything to keep that 50k🤣
Message 11 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Glad it worked out for you.  This makes me want to carry all of my cards in case one just quits working.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 12 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy , probably not necessary but carrying a backup card or two is always a good option. I normally only take the cc i plan on using in my wallet but add a card or two just in case there is a problemSmiley Wink
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@GApeachy, probably not necessary but carrying a backup card or two is always a good option. I normally only take the cc i plan on using in my wallet but add a card or two just in case there is a problemSmiley Wink

I carry all my cards. Once instance I carried only 1 card. Wife was worried we would get mugged in the Dominican Republic so I took a Visa. Went to make a few purchass and got a card read error at each terminal. Luckily, one of the cashiers was smart enough to give my card a bath under the water cooler. Having it in my pocket and swimming at the beach tucked in a pocket, the salt water kept the chip from being read correctly. 

You just never know when a card will fail and for what reason. I protect my wallet like its gold.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually keep most of my cards in my wallet . At the mall last week my Citi card got declined and I was just running in there real quick for shoes and only brought 2 cards . Citi and a synchrony one. Ended up having to use the synchrony one and got a call from citi 5 minutes later (fraud alert since I was out of state ) so I was happy I brought an extra card cause you really do never know when a card will not work for whatever reason . For that reason I like to have multiple from different banks on me . Nothing more embarrassing than your card getting declined !
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.