Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed

So I was looking at how to become a member and i'm a little confused. My grandfather was in the military and served in the Korean war. He isn't a member of Pedfed but would I be able to join since he was in the military?

Thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed

You don't have to be affiliated with the military to join PenFed. I was able to join because I'm an American Red Cross volunteer.

Many people here have joined by contributing $25 (?) to an organization that supports military families. There is a list on the site of various categories that allow membership. Hopefully more folks will come along and tell you how they joined.

Message 2 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was looking at how to become a member and i'm a little confused. My grandfather was in the military and served in the Korean war. He isn't a member of Pedfed but would I be able to join since he was in the military?

No, your grandfather would have to be a member.  There are other ways to join. 

Message 3 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

You don't have to be affiliated with the military to join PenFed. I was able to join because I'm an American Red Cross volunteer.

Many people here have joined by contributing $25 (?) to an organization that supports military families. There is a list on the site of various categories that allow membership. Hopefully more folks will come along and tell you how they joined.

This is how most gain entrance. 

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

snier wrote:

Here you go:

How to join PenFed

Numbers 6 and 7 are probably what you want to look at. I did #7, the National Military Families Association. You don't have to be a member of a military family. It's just a support group for them --helps send kids to camp and so forth. I paid the dues for the first year and never renewed. Every now and again I get an e-mail newsletter from me, but they didn't hassle me about renewing. I'm sure that they realized when they cut the deal with PenFed that they would have a lot of one-timers. It's a good source of funding for them, I would say.

My mother joined through MOAA (she loved the gas rebate to help out with the 25 miles she drives per month, lol.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.