Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penn Credit calling about card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penn Credit calling about card

I  have been receiving calls from the Penn credit company for months now,about getting a credit card.  I have told these people numerous times that I have no desire to sign up for one of their credit cards. I only go thru my bank, which has a debit card in place. When I finally did speak to someone from Penn. I told them that I don't want a credit card and they

hung up on me. But, the constant harassment continues with the phone calls. How do I get these People to stop calling me about this.?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Penn Credit calling about card

@Anonymous wrote:

I  have been receiving calls from the Penn credit company for months now,about getting a credit card.  I have told these people numerous times that I have no desire to sign up for one of their credit cards. I only go thru my bank, which has a debit card in place. When I finally did speak to someone from Penn. I told them that I don't want a credit card and they

hung up on me. But, the constant harassment continues with the phone calls. How do I get these People to stop calling me about this.?

What you're saying isn't going to work.  This is what you have to say.  I am not interested in your product.  If I receive another call from you all, the next call will be to you from my attorney. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks DI,

I will give that a try.

Message 3 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks DI,

I will give that a try.

De nada!  I had to say something along those line to a company one time.  The rep told me I didn't have to say all that.   I never heard from them again.

Message 4 of 12
Gray
Regular Contributor

The answer is simple:

http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/protect.shtm

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

https://www.dmachoice.org/dma/member/home.action

https://www.donotcall.gov/Mobile/default.aspx

----

We've done these. Works like a charm. Takes a little while for your preferences to filter through the system.

If you engage in any of these so-called "app sprees" then forget about your privacy.

Message 5 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello and welcome.

Have you signed up at the National Do Not Call Registry? After you do this you can file complaints about companies who continue to call you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 12
Gray
Regular Contributor

See my post above. Do the DNC registry *and* opt-out pre-screen.

Threatening about attorneys calling is bogus and ineffective (they all know this).

Better to remove your data from their systems (see my previous post).
Message 7 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@Gray wrote:

See my post above. Do the DNC registry *and* opt-out pre-screen.

Threatening about attorneys calling is bogus and ineffective (they all know this).

Better to remove your data from their systems (see my previous post).

It worked for me.  I don't have time to be constantly being harassed by callers.  Opting out and signing up for the Do not Call List takes weeks.  The OP want the calls to end immediately not weeks from now!!!!  OP be agressive with them just like they are with you.  That'll stop the calls!!

Message 8 of 12
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

I *think* the particular opt out suggestions made so far do not apply to a situation where you already have an existing relationship with the company.

Once you have a relationship with the company, to get offers to stop then I think you have to ask them to be put on their internal Do Not Contact list. The banks that I have a credit card and checking account with annually mail information as a reminder of what types of information sharing and communications that you can and can not opt out of.

Message 9 of 12
Gray
Regular Contributor

This is true, if you are doing business, you need to inquire about their internal sharing of information and opt out of marketing preferences. It's the *first* thing I do when I open up an account. And I bank with USAA, Ally, Navy Federal, and PenFed. None have contacted me about credit cards or anything else.

I don't recommend being aggressive. It could backfire. They could put a nasty note in your profile that might affect you later. And if you make threats, they can call the police (not that anyone would ever do such a thing).
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.