cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penn Credit calling about card

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penn Credit calling about card

@MojaveMoon wrote:

I *think* the particular opt out suggestions made so far do not apply to a situation where you already have an existing relationship with the company.

Once you have a relationship with the company, to get offers to stop then I think you have to ask them to be put on their internal Do Not Contact list. The banks that I have a credit card and checking account with annually mail information as a reminder of what types of information sharing and communications that you can and can not opt out of.

All this I believe is correct but it only takes a few seconds to tell the caller to put you on their own do not call list. It's always worked for me but as always YMMV.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Penn Credit calling about card

@Gray wrote:
This is true, if you are doing business, you need to inquire about their internal sharing of information and opt out of marketing preferences. It's the *first* thing I do when I open up an account. And I bank with USAA, Ally, Navy Federal, and PenFed. None have contacted me about credit cards or anything else.

I don't recommend being aggressive. It could backfire. They could put a nasty note in your profile that might affect you later. And if you make threats, they can call the police (not that anyone would ever do such a thing).

There's a way to be aggressive without being hostile.  It's called being firmed.    Had I not been aggressive with U.S. Bank and Kroger 123, many members on here would still have incorrect opening dates reporting on their credit reports which  affects their AAoAs.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.