cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People with lots of credit cards, how do you maintain utilization on all of them to ensure CLI's

tag

Re: People with lots of credit cards, how do you maintain utilization on all of them to ensure CLI's

would anyone who has one mind sharing their spreadsheet(s) for keeping track of their cards?

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: People with lots of credit cards, how do you maintain utilization on all of them to ensure CLI's

@Aim_High , I appreciate your analysis. I don't consider 29 months short term. Maybe I should have title 2023 cc lineup because EOY 2022 is the goal finish line.  I plan on paying off the debt in 18-20 months and doing an app spree in 2022.  Cash back and UR points won't expire in this time frame. So, I don't consider the finance charges I pay having any impact on rewards that I am building. 

I think that $1800 in AF is OK if I'm used to paying 2K in interest. However,  as noted in my 2022 lineup, I don't plan on carrying any balances. So, I don't plan to pay $1800 AF AND $2K in interest.  Its relatively easy to erase the cost of AF w/statement credits.

I  make 85K salary and own my home free and clear. My expenses are as stated, the rest is disposable income. I also travel for work 75%.  I don't use my personal card for business expenses but air/hotel/rental car status provide creature comforts. Also, misc expenses above and beyond what I put on corporate card knocks out AF.

So my goals are long term (2023 -2029) when hopeful travel has got back to normal and I can enjoy program status, points and miles for personal travel.  That's the plan anyway. 

Message 32 of 33
RootDet
Established Contributor

@WalMartTrackSuit 

I do not mind sharing at all. I found this on some forums years ago and made some changes here and there. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vIKhj7tBCY9RV3ZWtlRbUvK2bJTWj-NP_8XXhIvBe2g/edit?usp=sharing

Some info about it

- Mine tracks cards, Chex inquiries and CLI history.

- I have a summary page now to get an overview where i am with CLI age, Chex Inquiry ages, and rather chex was approved or not. I have not build out stats yet for CLI requests as i just started to build this in the last week, so still under development.

- The CC Tracker has my APR split into two items. I want to track what the markup % is for APR's and then I add the WSJ to it. The WSJ is in field L2. I thought about auto-importing it, but it doesn't truly change that often enough I can't just do it. Tracking it this way also allows me to make adjustments and I can compare what the APR should be compared to statements (this is how I caught penfed playing unfair). Sometimes have a fixed APR and just overwrite the formula. I also average out the APR's just so I can see my average. 

- Age of accounts, last cli, and overall age is calculated. Have to be careful as this is not a complete portfolio view unless you put in everything such as installment loans, etc. But you could then calculate easily your average age of opened accounts. 

On the chex side, this is brand new since July. My plan is as I go I enter in chex info and then cross-check it when I get reports. I want to know if I was approved or not, as I may decide to circle back.  FOR example I know I was denied at BECU and UNFCU due to chex inquiries, so as it ages, I will likely circle back. so this just helps me calculate the age of stuff just like inquiries and age them off. I am also considering tracking the 3 CB same way just so I have it on my summary page. 

I did find after so many cards I needed to add the last four though.  I would get emails that X got charged to a card and would just not know what card is what. I also painfully use Mint now to help centralize reconciling transactions. It inst great but free and better than checking each account to play find the transactions. 

I do keep adding stuff as I get ideas and reforming so. It has a lot of the elements I found but made some personalizations for what I care about.  I found the summary page is nice as well I keep reports, faster just to track them here for the quick view then to find the report and start counting age and number. 

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.