Did you mean: 

Per DoC Citi DC “points” transfer to TYP

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Per DoC Citi DC “points” transfer to TYP

@Anonymous wrote:
Doc now reporting it's 1:1.

This is a massive game changer, DC will be ahead of cfu, ppmc, nfcu.

Is it really a huge game changer? I thought Citi's transfer partners were decidedly weaker than other lenders, so even this enhanced mechanism for earning TYP doesn't seem that beneficial if you are wanting travel transfers.

Message 21 of 121
redpat
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it really a huge game changer? I thought Citi's transfer partners were decidedly weaker than other lenders, so even this enhanced mechanism for earning TYP doesn't seem that beneficial if you are wanting travel transfers.

+1, sticking to MR and UR points. With Ebates and MR offers I'm getting more than 2x on average dollars spent.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 22 of 121
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if its a game changer , but it is definately a positive step for TYP. I personally am not so sure that TYP is that much weaker than UR for my usage. With all the nerfs to UR I am finding it harder and harder to find uses for UR other than Hyatt. If it all plays out like it looks like it will DC+ premeir isn't a bad combo. You get at least 2x on every purchase, and 3x on travel and gas.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 23 of 121
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Honestly I put my Venture card back in my wallet as my catch-all but with this change, it looks like my Rewards+ and DC are being put in the front.
Message 24 of 121
redpat
Senior Contributor

I don't think Rewards+card  is on the TY point transfer list.  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 25 of 121
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

I plan on getting one of the higher cards in some time so right now I’m racking up points with R+ and DC.
Message 26 of 121
redpat
Senior Contributor

@ToxikPH wrote:
I plan on getting one of the higher cards in some time so right now I’m racking up points with R+ and DC.

From my understanding your Rewards+ card will not be able to be transferred for TY points.  You will be only able to transfer your DC CB to TY points.

Message 27 of 121
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

The R+ already earns TYP, I think it’s like chase where it’s cash back normally but paired with a better card it turns into transferable TYP
Message 28 of 121
redpat
Senior Contributor

@ToxikPH wrote:
The R+ already earns TYP, I think it’s like chase where it’s cash back normally but paired with a better card it turns into transferable TYP

Sorry about that you are right.  I haven't used TY points system in years.

Message 29 of 121
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I will have to really look at this option when I downgrade my citi aa , you can still downgrade citi aa to double cash right? I did it before but not sure you still can do it or not 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 30 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.