cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent Citi SP CLI Luv Button....

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Permanent Citi SP CLI Luv Button....

@asulaw wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@asulaw wrote:

Thought it was worth bumping again, but just thought I would let everyone know my luv button that was SP the other day turned into a HP. Odd though because it did not say anything about doing a HP. It was the same exact luv increased page.

So the page now shows HP instead of the SP that you had. But the last CLI request that you did was SP right? You didn't randomly take an HP hit? (Just wanted some clairty, thanks!)

Sorry, let me better explain!

On the 22nd I did a CLI, I should have known it would get declined but I said what the heck because it was a SP.

It got declined instantly and was not surprised.

On the 23rd I thought, hey it's still there let me try it. SAME EXACT PAGE AS THE SP PAGE WAS

I am pretty thourough and I did not see anything about them pulling my credit report, I would not have done it otherwise because I knew that my CR couldn't afford it.

I get a 24 hour review message, and then followed by a denial letter. I was excited to see the 24 hour review but was curious why it did not do that on the 22nd.

Come the 24th, my CR sent me an alert that my EQ received a HP. My EX did not get a pull, not sure about my TU.

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for the detailed breakdown.

I did something similar. I asked for a CLI seeing the SP msg and was approved. I noticed a few days, maybe a week later that it showed the same SP msg so I tried again and was declined. The letter (digital) that I got said it was because I was just approved for one. So I thnk that's the difference between our requests. If my first one was declined, I probably would have gotten an HP as well

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 61 of 78
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Thanks just got a 1.4k sp cli on my typ because of this thread! Smiley Happy

Sweeeeeeet! I love that. I have scored big after reading threads on here.

Message 62 of 78
BaileyMae
New Contributor

I tried today. The soft pull verbiage was there. Got a $1100 increase Smiley Happy
Lender Pulled Scores(2/2014)

EQ: 750 (same a myFICO) EX: 707 TU: 728
Message 63 of 78
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if this SP CLI also works with CITI cards like; The Home Depot, and/or Shell Gas Card?

Last time I did it, it was a HP for my Home Depot card, but I dont remember if it said they would review my credit report.  Now it says neither that they will pull, or that its a soft.  thanks guys

EDIT:  Just noticed the fine print below:

"By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 64 of 78
Pucelle
Established Member

Thanks to this thread I got a CLI of $2.5 on my 2 citibank cards after having called to increase them back in September/October.  $1.2k and $1.3k on each and the are now both slowing inching back to where they were pre-credit crises.  I just wish I could have an even number on them, one is $10,530 and the other is $9,260; it is just plain odd to me.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 (/20/13) * 656 CK/TU (9/2013) * 711 Vantage (9/2013) * 632 CS (9/2013)
Current Score:
Goal Score: 760+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Citi Dividend MC (1997) $9.33k / Citi ThankYou Preferred World MC (2003) $7.96k / DiscoverIT (4/2013) $13.5k / AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (9/2013) $1k / New York and Company (unknown) / Citibank LoC (2006) $4.9k
Message 65 of 78
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Pucelle wrote:

Thanks to this thread I got a CLI of $2.5 on my 2 citibank cards after having called to increase them back in September/October.  $1.2k and $1.3k on each and the are now both slowing inching back to where they were pre-credit crises.  I just wish I could have an even number on them, one is $10,530 and the other is $9,260; it is just plain odd to me.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Congrats.

Message 66 of 78
enharu
Super Contributor

my Citi TYP is stuck in SP CLI verbiage.

I requested for a 2nd CLI again, and received an e-letter a few days later stating that there has to be 6 months in between credit limit changes. So I am assuming a HP CLI is out of the question as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 67 of 78
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Enharu: that's what I've been told by a CSR

Message 68 of 78
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

I get SP verbiage as well. 

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.

I had a CLD a month ago, just before my statement cut and posted to CRs, and it was reverted to my regular CL right after that. I wonder if that "increase" sets the 6 month clock in motion. My newest statement does say "Congratulations on your recent credit limit increase!" where it probably should have said "oops, sorry for that 20 hour slip-up, here's a free Citi messenger bag" or something. 

I'm going to park my Citi card for a little while, nice to have a zero balance and I'll let it glow in its own happiness for a little while. But someday I wouldn't mind another digit in my CL. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 69 of 78
dabearsv2
Contributor

I am a  few weeks from 6 mos, and dont see a SP CLI button. Will have to check again soon Smiley Happy

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 70 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.