cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal blacklist: Which CCCs/lenders do YOU blacklist?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal blacklist: Which CCCs/lenders do YOU blacklist?

An OP started another helpful thread about which CCCs blacklist for past financial missteps.  I'd like to put a different spin on this.  Which companies do You refuse to work with?

As I mentioned in the first blacklist thread, I had an old MBNA account, and I think BOA has blacklisted me.  I will know more soon as my secured card will hit its one-year anniversary next month.  If BOA doesn't "graduate" me to unsecured, then our lending relationship is forever severed. 

As we educate ourselves as consumers and as competition increases in the financial sector, we have the ability to seize some of the power (perceived or otherwise) that banks have over us.  We're not helpless beings begging to be deemed creditworthy for BigBank's lending products.  As I mentioned before, I'm not going to be disrespected by someone who calls me "customer."  That is a privilege that can be revoked at anytime!!!

Having said that, which banks do you refuse to work with and why?

Topping my list--
Merrick (aka Hooters) for ridiculous and inflexible terms
BOA (if they don't get it together soon!)  This no longer applies!  I fluv BoA!!!

Please join me in taking back our power as educated consumers and tell me who's on you your personal blacklist!!!

Message Edited by lurknomore on 08-13-2008 07:24 AM
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal blacklist: Which CCCs/lenders do YOU blacklist?

I am in no financial position to tell them where to go--yet. In a year or so, It'll be a different story.

However, when I get a cap1 card, I'm going to auto-sockdrawer them. They get to start off with gum every 6 months pif. They're pissing me off the way they treat my boyfriend. Don't trust them.
Message 2 of 46
fused
Moderator Emeritus

My Blacklist is short but here it is anyway.

1.) Sears: I will never do business with them again, in fact when I go to the mall, I won't even set foot in their store as a short-cut to the other side of the mall.

2.) Chase: Though I have a CC account with them in good standing, this will end in a few months. They have horrible customer service and even rate jack and thrash some of their best card holders.
Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advanta - Way too picky. Rejected with 5 inquiries.
CapOne - Horrible company to deal with.
Barclay's - Absolute worse treatment of customers if you can even get to them.
Message 4 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, I hope that BofA graduates you smoothly. I must have missed what they've done to irritate you.

But I will cheerfully enter WFNNB to the consumer blacklist. They don't generate a statement, even an electronic one, unless you have a balance, and it takes them weeks to get around to that. So the statements can occur at any time of the month. They claim to report to all three CRA's every Friday, but that the CRA's might not update for 60-90 days. This is not true of any other card I have, or that my husband has. I have had to dispute each time to get balances to post, and they still won't properly report that the card is currently used. It looks like I'm making payments on 1 1/2 year old purchases. And so on.

Some of the WFN stores: J.Crew, Victoria's Secret, Express, Lerner, Ann Taylor, and the Limited.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 46
moonman
Frequent Contributor

1. capital one 2. hsbc 3. chase 4. sears 5.jc penny 6.circuit city. 7.Macy's . i was told by some of these through the mail over the years that i should use it or lose it and chase rated jacked me for no reason so i closed everyone of them and use only three cards for now.
Message 6 of 46
marty56
Super Contributor

Bank of America: Anti DMP policy, lying, entrapment.
Capitol One:. Preditory practices
Wells Fargo: Late payment policy
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase - and anything they manage also - for cancelling my Plat card in '94 for NO REASON (always PIF).
Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seriously considering cancelling BofA because they're now going to issue credit cards to illegals (oh, sorry, I forgot, undocumented workers).
Message 9 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm too soon in the re-building process to complain. But you guys are making me thankful I didn't get approved with Chase, although that is who I bank with.

I like my secured BoA card. I so wanted Hello Kitty! But how can a bank issue a card to a person with no social?
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.