Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petal card! Any success?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Petal Visa Credit Card??

Have had the card for almost a year and no problem what so ever. So no need to be worried at all...

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with you, I saw that APT # 2 address in the Experian's Credit Report info of PETAL and when I saw that, I quickly changed my bank password. I plan on changing my bank account info in the morning also. If I keep them, I will pay by other credit card instead much safer.

Message 31 of 38
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

I wouldn't be freaking out about them using an aggregation tool that any more than I would about Mint/Intuit, Fidelity, and so on (my credit union offers one)... but you do you I guess. This is actually fairly common for banks to offer this; what's unique is Petal uses it to help inform how they grant credit.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took 2-4 weeks for the PETAL card to arrive. and I figured out they won't report to the Credit Bureaus until you first make a purchase on their card which took 2-3 months to show up on. They do report to all 3 Credit Bureaus (Experian, Equifax & TransUnion). So for any new card for anything I recommend you make a small purchase so you will get on the Credit Bureaus Radar which will boost down your credit usage percentage (Below 30%) and raise your credit score each month.

Message 33 of 38
rcrawfo2
Established Member

They denied me in 2017. They said the card is for people with no credit. At that time I didn't have any credit cards just horrible credit. Now I have almost every card i ever wanted without petals help.
Message 34 of 38
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I applied about two months ago. At the time, I had a couple of starter cards and not much else. I reached the part of the application where you enter your bank login information. I entered it, but got the password wrong (I realized later). It said it was "trying to connect" and told me to "check again tomorrow" every time I checked for about a week. I don't remember now if I was unaware at that time that I had the password wrong, or if it didn't give me an opportunity to change the password. I think the latter, but wouldn't swear to it. Eventually, it told me that I had been denied. I don't think it gave a reason. I am unable to try again, because Petal does not allow you to reapply once you've been denied. Don't really care at this point, just posting for data points.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I got approved for Petal account and i didnt have to link bank information, I was able to be approved from credit report only. When you set up bill pay they have 2 options. I picked option 2 as i will not give anyone access to my banking account in this way. 

(1) 

Link your account
Linking one or more accounts allows Petal to analyze your finances over time and determine your eligibility for additional offers and services, including access to budgeting features and benefits
(2) 
Use routing and account number
Add an account you can only use to make payments.
Message 36 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi I got approved for Petal account and i didnt have to link bank information, I was able to be approved from credit report only.

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 37 of 38
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Well, this was fun while it lasted. Closed after six months of inactivity. Net $40ish from cashback and statement credits. 

[2/2019]
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.