Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone or Online...Any Difference?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Phone or Online...Any Difference?

Hello all...when I come out of the garden, would there be any benefit or difference in apping for the BCP by phone instead of online? Some people say apping for some cards in the branch seems to be better than apping online, so I was wondering if apping by phone gives any better chances? Thanks for your comments and help.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Phone or Online...Any Difference?

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all...when I come out of the garden, would there be any benefit or difference in apping for the BCP by phone instead of online? Some people say apping for some cards in the branch seems to be better than apping online, so I was wondering if apping by phone gives any better chances? Thanks for your comments and help.

Eh not really. Only advantage over the phone is if declined the ycan transfer you to a credit analyst in most cases.

I prefer online.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Eh not really. Only advantage over the phone is if declined the ycan transfer you to a credit analyst in most cases.

I prefer online.

Thanks...I prefer online as well...Smiley Wink

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

I prefer doing it online, especially if the lender uses outsourced representatives. The language / accent barrier sometimes makes the process a lot more confusing and time consuming for no good reason.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 5
bribro
Valued Contributor

Pick whichever method gives you the best sign-up bonus.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.