cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!

laz98
Senior Contributor

Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!

SEE YA, TOTAL VISA!  NOT BEEN NICE KNOWING YA!

 

Well, I kicked PCB to the curb today.......it's great!  I love knowing that they are not going to make any more money off of me.  Stupid card was never going to grow.........4 years & 5 months, & STILL at $350!!!  What a waste.  I should have fired them a long time ago!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!

As far as a cli goes, this card is like a Macys. Every 3 months - all you have to do is ask. There is another post somewhere here about it.  I have no idea as to AF.

 

 

 

 

 

 

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!

i don't know if we are talking about the same card....i am pretty certain i have read every post here about this card.  i was trying to learn more about it, since it seems almost no one has it.

 

i have asked NUMEROUS times about CLIs, both on the phone & in writing.  they always said no.  never gave a reason, either.  the one i have doesn't have an AF, just a monthly fee, but it's $10.

 

if the card was good to you, great!  but it's been less than mediocre to me, so i'm not regretting this decision.

Message 3 of 8
CodeMonkey
Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!


@laz98 wrote:
the one i have doesn't have an AF, just a monthly fee, but it's $10.

 

$10 monthly fee to you, $120 AF to me.

 

Sounds like you made the right decision there - whew. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!


@CodeMonkey wrote:

@laz98 wrote:
the one i have doesn't have an AF, just a monthly fee, but it's $10.

 

$10 monthly fee to you, $120 AF to me.

 

Sounds like you made the right decision there - whew. Smiley Happy


holy crap, i never thought of it like that!  geezus!

Message 5 of 8
CodeMonkey
Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!

Yeah, that's how they get you.

 

I had sort of the same EUREKA! moment when I realized that I wasn't paying $12.95/month for the XM radio subscription that I only really use on the way two and from work (a 15 minute commute tops each way), I was paying $155/year.

 

For radio.

 

Ouch.

Message Edited by CodeMonkey on 12-08-2008 11:38 AM
Message 6 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!


@laz98 wrote:

holy crap, i never thought of it like that!  geezus!


 

that's just what they were hoping.

 

in any case congrats on making the decision to move on.  sometimes we wait too long to axe hoping the card will grow.  you done GOOD!!  upward and onward!

 

my aha! moment came when i had to face the ugly fact that i was paying almost 1k a year to NOT go to the gym, not just 80 a month.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 8
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Plains Commerce...FIRED!!!


@score_building wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

holy crap, i never thought of it like that!  geezus!


 

that's just what they were hoping.

 

in any case congrats on making the decision to move on.  sometimes we wait too long to axe hoping the card will grow.  you done GOOD!!  upward and onward!

 

my aha! moment came when i had to face the ugly fact that i was paying almost 1k a year to NOT go to the gym, not just 80 a month.


 

ROTFL!!

 

I'm glad I only pay $40/month not to go to my gym! Now I am paying $20/session to go to a physical therapist instead!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.