Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan for 2013 - considering app spree?

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Plan for 2013 - considering app spree?

Good morning myfico, 2012 has been a year of great development for my credit profile. Just 6 months ago, in my last app spree, I got all the cards I applied for and have since maintain them in good standing with low util of about 10%.

Here is a description of my profile:

- I currently have all the cards in my siggy, no baddies.

- Oldest tradeline 50 months and AAOA: 1 year.

- 25% high util because of the holiday season.

- 2 Deferred Student Loans for a total of about 7K, I currently owe about 4K on them.

- Total INQs: 6 EX, 5 EQ, 7 TU

- 6-months old INQs: 1 EX, 1 EQ, 5 TU

- Total INQs in March 2013: 2 EX, 2 EQ, 5 TU

For this year, I want to mainly get the CSP, US Bank Cash + and Fidelity Amex.

I will pay down the balances of my cards by aprox 7% util a month. By March, I will have once again about 10% util and few inqs in EX and EQ and maybe a 725 score across the board.

The Plan:

I want to get the CSP so bad and also a Freedom with the same pull wouldn't be bad. I have checkings with them so maybe the Trifecta works.

I do want to get another amex to help the aaoa but I find that no card besides the bcp I already have interests me at this point. Maybe the HHonors?

Also, the US Bank Cash + is a must for me, how strict is their approval criteria? AAOA is not the best but I do have experience with several 5K+ CLs.

In addition, if I can get the Fidelity Amex for all other expenses that don't get me more than 1% rewards, I would literarily be set and done. Any toughts on this? 

Any imput is appreciated! 

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Plan for 2013 - considering app spree?

@CruzImperial wrote:

Good morning myfico, 2012 has been a year of great development for my credit profile. Just 6 months ago, in my last app spree, I got all the cards I applied for and have since maintain them in good standing with low util of about 10%.

Here is a description of my profile:

- I currently have all the cards in my siggy, no baddies.

- Oldest tradeline 50 months and AAOA: 1 year.

- 25% high util because of the holiday season.

- 2 Deferred Student Loans for a total of about 7K, I currently owe about 4K on them.

- Total INQs: 6 EX, 5 EQ, 7 TU

- 6-months old INQs: 1 EX, 1 EQ, 5 TU

- Total INQs in March 2013: 2 EX, 2 EQ, 5 TU

For this year, I want to mainly get the CSP, US Bank Cash + and Fidelity Amex.

I will pay down the balances of my cards by aprox 7% util a month. By March, I will have once again about 10% util and few inqs in EX and EQ and maybe a 725 score across the board.

The Plan:

I want to get the CSP so bad and also a Freedom with the same pull wouldn't be bad. I have checkings with them so maybe the Trifecta works.

I do want to get another amex to help the aaoa but I find that no card besides the bcp I already have interests me at this point. Maybe the HHonors?

Also, the US Bank Cash + is a must for me, how strict is their approval criteria? AAOA is not the best but I do have experience with several 5K+ CLs.

In addition, if I can get the Fidelity Amex for all other expenses that don't get me more than 1% rewards, I would literarily be set and done. Any toughts on this? 

Any imput is appreciated! 

Depending on how far your Amex will backdate, it might be worth it, even if you don't use the card much. With your AAoA of just a year, new CCs are going to drop it even further. You might want to get an Amex green, so you'll have a charge in the mix and help your aaoa. Also, unless you are a Costco member, I think it's the lowest AF, but I'm not entirely sure ( and you already have a Blue).

if it were me, my main concern would be the hit to my AAoA with 3 new CCs on a 1-yr AAoA. That is actually what has stopped me from getting some store cards - I look at my short AAoA and don't want it to go any lower.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 3
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Plan for 2013 - considering app spree?

The Barclays Priceline Rewards Visa is another 2% everything card you should also consider.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.