Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan of Action to pay down debt and remove final collections

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Plan of Action to pay down debt and remove final collections

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree that leaving the zero or very low interest cards till last is best, I did something like this the past 3 months and knocked down our utilzation from about 70 to just under 20%.  Our scores responded tremendously so it is nice to see the bumps in score as the cards report.  On the collections midland is not likely to do a PFD, I don't think they do that at all but as you state its very old now and will drop off fairly soon.  Some say to leave those old collections alone but I did notice better response to applications when all of my collections were paid and of course it was great to see them all fall off finally.  

When working on doing something like this it is important to remember that utilization is a point in time metric, so after he gets his utilization under 9% overall he will get full credit score points for utilization. Utilization has no history at all. The only time it maters a lot is before applying for new credit, unless it gets high enough to prompt AA by a creditor.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plan of Action to pay down debt and remove final collections

Since your Midland looks to be dropping off in 2018, then their new policy may work for you.  Here is a link on the forums about it. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Midland-Credit-Management-Changes-PFD-process...

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.