cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning a small app spree, advice please!

tag
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Planning a small app spree, advice please!

Hi all, in May I'm planning to app for Discover it , Chase freedom, and citi diamond preferred. I'm already preapproved for all 3. My question is how long before (how many statements) should I let my current cc's report the all 0 but one report 1-9%??. I heard it takes time to update.
Btw I'm planning on pc the diamond preferred next year to typ.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Re: Planning a small app spree, advice please!

Please someone get back to me, please.
Message 2 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

It's hard to answer your question without knowing your current cards, average age of accounts any baddies etc. To give you any idea to apply for any or all the cards you desire. The preapprovals don't guarantee you will be approved it just means you meet the criteria for their account when the credit reporting agency soft pulled your credit file. Good Luck.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:
Hi all, in May I'm planning to app for Discover it , Chase freedom, and citi diamond preferred. I'm already preapproved for all 3. My question is how long before (how many statements) should I let my current cc's report the all 0 but one report 1-9%??. I heard it takes time to update.

if you are pre-approved now why would you wait until may?

as of your last statements on your credit cards what were balances and limits?

Message 4 of 8
CreditRookie22
Contributor

My util was 21% last month. I'm waiting for my aaoa to be 6 months. I'm dropping my util to 1-9 next month. It's that what will show up when they hp me in May
Message 5 of 8
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Make sure they are paid Before the statement cuts to have them report 0.

wait a couple weeks for them to report (safe side).

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 6 of 8
iowapilot84
Established Member

@TheGardner wrote:

Make sure they are paid Before the statement cuts to have them report 0.

wait a couple weeks for them to report (safe side).

+1. Definitely wait at least a couple weeks. It varies by issuer but with most cards they will report the balance as of your statement closing date. 

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - $25K / Amex Hilton - $5K / Amex Hilton Surpass - $30K / Amex SimplyCash - $10K / Amex Platinum - NPSL / B&N MasterCard - $5K / BofA Travel Rewards - $2K / BofA Alaska Airlines - $8K / Capital One QuickSilver - $38K / Chase Hyatt - $15,000 / Chase Amazon - $9K / Chase IHG Rewards - $11K / Chase Marriott Premier - $10k / Chase United Explorer - $19.5K / Citi DoubleCash - $5.5K / Citi ThankYou Preferred -$23.1K / Citi AAdvantage - $17.5K / Citi Premier - $9.3K / Citi Prestige - $20K / Discover IT - $9K / Discover IT Miles - $9K / Fidelity Amex - $3K / Kohls - $1K / Lowes - $10K / PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards - $24.5K / PNC Visa - $9K / Target Charge - $500 / US Bank Club Carlson Premier Rewards - $7.5K / CU Visa - $11K / Wyndham Rewards - $5.6K

Message 7 of 8
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@CreditRookie22 wrote:

Out of curiosity, why Citi Diamond Preferred over Citi Dividend (Citi's rewards card that's akin to the Freedom and It)? Is the Dividend ineligible for the PC to TYP?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.