Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning app(s) for NON-reward cards

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Planning app(s) for NON-reward cards

I'd like to add Discover IT to my mix sometime this summer but I am fairly content with the current  mix of cards I have (really want to upgrade my US Bank CC to cash+)

I am wanting to add cards that have lower rates/fees on things in the unfortunate even I get to the point where I cannot PIF.

Barclaycard Ring

-APR is Prime +4.75

-No Balance transfer/annual fee

-Cash advance fee is $1

-FTF 1%

DCU Platinum Visa

-APR 8.5%-18.00%

-No Balance Transfer/annual fee

-No cash advance fee

-FTF 2%

I had a C/O card from Navy when I was still in the service and left and was unaware of how credit worked.  Not sure if I can get back in with them or not.  Thoughts suggestions and comments are encouraged and welcomed.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: Planning app(s) for NON-reward cards

aparently no one cares about non-reward cards here! lol

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 2 of 7
nickn86
Contributor

You could just open cards with 12-18 month 0% APR periods every year or so and/or balance transfer to the Chase Slate card (0% APR for BTs for some period, no BT fee) if you have a big balance.

I don't know too much about general low-APR cards.  I'd imagine credit unions are good for those.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 3 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

I'd like to add Discover IT to my mix sometime this summer but I am fairly content with the current  mix of cards I have (really want to upgrade my US Bank CC to cash+)

I am wanting to add cards that have lower rates/fees on things in the unfortunate even I get to the point where I cannot PIF.

Barclaycard Ring

-APR is Prime +4.75

-Cash advance fee is $1

-FTF 1%

DCU Platinum Visa

-APR 8.5%-18.00%

-No cash advance fee

-FTF 2%

I had a C/O card from Navy when I was still in the service and left and was unaware of how credit worked.  Not sure if I can get back in with them or not.  Thoughts suggestions and comments are encouraged and welcomed.

So the trouble is with the APR range for DCU.  8.5% is a good APR, 18.00% not so much, lots of rewards cards around there.  So you would need to know what range of APR you might get, and how long it might stay there.

Message 4 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

+1 to bs6054

One thing that is appealing about the Ring. If you get approved you know what apr you're getting. 8.5-18 is a huge range, and 18 on a card with no rewards is terrible.
Message 5 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You can also look into opening a Citi credit card. As long as you keep it in good standing there is constant 0% BT (sometime 0% purchase) offer.

Message 6 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

Barclaycard Ring

-APR is Prime +4.75

-Cash advance fee is $1

-FTF 1%

DCU Platinum Visa

-APR 8.5%-18.00%

-No cash advance fee

-FTF 2%

Just came across your post and found it interesting.

What did you wind up doing? I have been researching low APR cards lately. I have found some good ones.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.