cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq 1.5% fee for June (up to 3 one-time payments)

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Plastiq 1.5% fee for June (up to 3 one-time payments)

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very odd Rev.

Interesting note, though.  Last night after seeing this thread I made a mortgage payment through Plastiq, my first payment through them in months.  1.5% fee as shown in the image in my previous post.  A few hours after making the payment, I received an email with the targeted offer pictured in the original post of this thread. 

FinStar, out of curiousity did you receive that email following a Plastiq payment as I did? 

Also, why are they sending out a targeted email offer for "June" half way into the month?  That seems a bit silly; one would think it would have gone out the last week in May.

Hmmmm, definitely odd Rev since it seemed to have worked for BBS.   Hopefully, the limited-time promotion works for everyone if it's not a targeted offer.   Maybe the folks at @Anonymous can provide more insight. 

So, the email came through last night and the last time I used Plastiq was over a couple months ago.  I agree it's kinda silly to get the communication mid-month, but there's still some time to take advantage of the offer for a couple large payments I was recently entertaining Smiley Tongue

It honestly might be because I've never used the service previously.

I hadn't gotten around to sorting out my HOA payments (2.5% vs. 3% convenience fee = win) so that may be an issue.

        
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All - Our team is aware of an issue with this targeted promotion not working as designed. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Can you elaborate on this a bit as to what isn't working as designed?  You used the term "targeted" above, which leads me to believe it was indeed not meant for everyone (unless everyone was targeted?)... so what exactly isn't working correctly?

Message 22 of 27
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All - Our team is aware of an issue with this targeted promotion not working as designed. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Can you elaborate on this a bit as to what isn't working as designed?  You used the term "targeted" above, which leads me to believe it was indeed not meant for everyone (unless everyone was targeted?)... so what exactly isn't working correctly?

Doctor of Credit has a post on this, in the comments some folks who got the email clicked the link and still only get the standard 2.5% fee, not the 1.5%, and for some they got the 1.5% on existing cards but when they add a new payment card they don't get the 1.5%. I don't see anyone who did NOT get the email but still got the 1.5% like you did. I didn't get the email and tried a payment and only got the standard 2.5% fee, you were lucky.

Message 23 of 27
JamP
Valued Contributor

I did not get this either. I pay my school loans with my Alliant VS, tried to setup an extra payment and it shows 2.5%.

1.5% would be nice even for 3 payments.

I have payments scheduled out as far as I can go.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All - The technical issues associated with this promotion have now been resolved. If you recieved the original offer email, you are now able to take advantage of this discounted rate. We apologize for this issues you have experienced and appreciate your patience.

Message 25 of 27
JamP
Valued Contributor

SO this offer is only targeted?

Or are emails still going out?

Or are they going into spam?

Or are they only available to new people?

Or are they only available on new purchases?

Or are they only available on new credit cards?

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like it was only targeted to certain individuals.  Would be nice if Plastiq could comment on that.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.