cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq - US cardholders can now add international recipients to be paid by credit card

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Plastiq - US cardholders can now add international recipients to be paid by credit card

I received the below email from Plastiq:

US cardholders can now add international recipients to be paid by credit card! Starting today, you can add recipients from China, Hong Kong, and Singapore.

For the last two years, we’ve been piloting this powerful service with a small group of our members. They reported better cash position and a simpler process for sending payments globally. Due to the overwhelmingly positive response, we’ve decided to add this feature to the application.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Warm Regards,
The Plastiq Team

P.S. We’ll be adding more countries over the next few months, but if you have an immediate need to pay a recipient in a country not listed, please send an email to sales@plastiq.com

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plastiq - US cardholders can now add international recipients to be paid by credit card

I've really like the idea of plastiq is the service any good?
Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Plastiq - US cardholders can now add international recipients to be paid by credit card

@Anonymous wrote:
I've really like the idea of plastiq is the service any good?

Service is fine.   Just have to think the fee is worthwhile (and deal with restrictions imposed by networks, e.g. mortgage and Visa)

Message 3 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

It's a good way to meet min spend on sub with MasterCard if you have a mortgage imo.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 6
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:
It's a good way to meet min spend on sub with MasterCard if you have a mortgage imo.

+1

I just learned about Plastiq from a previous thread. From what I read, with that huge 2.5% fee, meeting min spend is the only purpose I could see to use it.  YMMV. 

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Some things like my HOA have a 3% convenience fee: Plastiq saves .5% in that model.

Also Plastiq has run 1.5% promos from time to time, it’s not a bad service.

Sadly I don’t know of any 3% Mastercards, of course if there were that would probably get whacked for mortgages too on Plastiq.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.