Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq and Visa and AmEx

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Plastiq and Visa and AmEx

I was testing the Plastiq.  For the two merchants, Plastiq won't allow payments with both Visa and AmEx.  I do not have Mastercard.  Not sure if there is any way to get around.

What else are out there other than Plastiq?  Tio is offline. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Plastiq and Visa and AmEx

You have a Citi Double Cash? That's what I use with Plastiq.

Message 2 of 14
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Really? I was under the impression that Plastiq and Amex were on good terms again, and there was never an issue with Visa. You think it could be just the merchants you're trying to pay?

Anywya, I did a google search and came across this: https://www.producthunt.com/alternatives/plastiq

Message 3 of 14
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Really? I was under the impression that Plastiq and Amex were on good terms again, and there was never an issue with Visa. You think it could be just the merchants you're trying to pay?

Anywya, I did a google search and came across this: https://www.producthunt.com/alternatives/plastiq

I do not know.  I tried both merchants, both sizeable payments.  Both Visa and AmEx are rejected.  Only Mastercard is good.  This can be the specific merchants.  But I do not get other important merchants.

Message 4 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

If you are talking about using plastiq for mortgages am not sure whether visa or amex are coming back which is unfortunate. I liked using CIP for that since i get 3x for that.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Plastiq won't allow mortgage payments with Amex and Visa, don't know about other restrictions. I ended up using TIO, about .5% higher than Plastiq, to meet my spending requirement on my Penfed in July with a mortgage payment.
Message 6 of 14
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know Plastiq won't allow mortgage payments with Amex and Visa, don't know about other restrictions. I ended up using TIO, about .5% higher than Plastiq, to meet my spending requirement on my Penfed in July with a mortgage payment.

TIO is down now.

Message 7 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I had no problem using Amex to pay my mortgage until a couple months ago.  Tried again this month and it tells me Amex can't be used to pay that merchant.

I haven't had problems using Visa to pay mortgage (worked last month), but I did run into a problem trying to use a Visa to pay a merchant that did not have an electronic relationship with Plastiq so they would've cut and mailed a check.  It said the transaction would post as a cash advance if I used a Visa.  This was a few months ago.

Seems to be very YMMV lately when it comes to which cards will work and which ones won't.

I set my mortgage back to auto draft from my checking while I'm working on minimum spend for Amex.  I'm saving a good bit on fees that way, even if it means taking longer to churn this card.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was discussed here earlier in the year. No visa or Amex for mortgage payments using plastiq.

Message 9 of 14
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I do get one new Mastercard that I can use.  

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.