Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq for making Car Payments

tag
Thatficotho
Valued Member

Re: Plastiq for making Car Payments

I was so excited when I got my gold delta Amex because I would earn so many miles by paying my capital one car loan, but then I found that plastiq doesn’t allow Amex to be used Smiley Sad((
Message 21 of 24
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Thatficotho wrote:
I was so excited when I got my gold delta Amex because I would earn so many miles by paying my capital one car loan, but then I found that plastiq doesn’t allow Amex to be used Smiley Sad((

I wouldn't be so broken up about it. The amount that you'd be paying in fees would negate any rewards you could earn on that card. I don't keep up with values of every point currency, but paying 2.5% in cash fees to Plastiq to earn only 1% back isn't a very good idea. You're losing money on every transaction. The only times anyone would suggest you use a rewards card is if you're trying to meet a SUB, your rewards program exceeds Plastiq's fee or maybe if you're very close to getting the number of miles/points needed for a reward and you just need a top-off.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

@Thatficotho wrote:

I wouldn't be so broken up about it. The amount that you'd be paying in fees would negate any rewards you could earn on that card. I don't keep up with values of every point currency, but paying 2.5% in cash fees to Plastiq to earn only 1% back isn't a very good idea. You're losing money on every transaction. The only times anyone would suggest you use a rewards card is if you're trying to meet a SUB, your rewards program exceeds Plastiq's fee or maybe if you're very close to getting the number of miles/points needed for a reward and you just need a top-off.

Many SUBs are worth 15-20% or more.  Of course it makes sense to pay 2.5% to Plastiq if you need to generate enough spend to achieve the SUB.  

Message 23 of 24
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@Thatficotho wrote:

Many SUBs are worth 15-20% or more.  Of course it makes sense to pay 2.5% to Plastiq if you need to generate enough spend to achieve the SUB.  

Well, isn't that what I said there? 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.