Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Plastiq

Has anyone ever used Plastiq to pay a VW Credit Auto Loan? I tried to set mines up today but it said it could not recongize my account number for electronic payment and that they would have to send a check and that takes 2-8 business days. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plastiq

That's because it's set up for ACH to Checking/Saving accounts via acct and routing number. Auto Loans do not have the latter. At least that's how I read it. 

Message 2 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Plastiq doesn't have a number things setup for electronic payment. I pay my mortgage though Plastiq and they have to mail a check. My mortgage is with BMO Harris, a smaller regional bank, and while BMO has a routing number and account number for the mortgage Plastiq just can't seem to pay it electronically. But the check payment isn't bad, you just tell them the date the payment is due and they determine the date to charge your CC to get it there on time. And no extra charge for the check or postage.

But it may also be due to how your car loan is set up. My car loan is with DCU and has a 1/2 point discount for "relationship status" which includes a direct deposit and making the payment online from my DCU account. I tried to set it up the payment through Plastiq and they couldn't do with routing # and account # and said they would have to mail a check so I canceled it, because the way my loan is set up with DCU I knew they would't accept an external check for payment, or if they did I might lose my discount.

Message 3 of 6
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

But it may also be due to how your car loan is set up. My car loan is with DCU and has a 1/2 point discount for "relationship status" which includes a direct deposit and making the payment online from my DCU account. I tried to set it up the payment through Plastiq and they couldn't do with routing # and account # and said they would have to mail a check so I canceled it, because the way my loan is set up with DCU I knew they would't accept an external check for payment, or if they did I might lose my discount.

This, +1. I fortunately have not had any issues with my credit union dropping me or my discount by using Plastiq to make car payment. Of course, they still draw the automatic payment from my checking account on the 15th of the month. I've learned to move my money out and leave a $1 so that I do not lose the "automatic payment" = 1/2 point discount. 4 months now and still no issues.

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Five6Two wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

This, +1. I fortunately have not had any issues with my credit union dropping me or my discount by using Plastiq to make car payment. Of course, they still draw the automatic payment from my checking account on the 15th of the month. I've learned to move my money out and leave a $1 so that I do not lose the "automatic payment" = 1/2 point discount. 4 months now and still no issues.

Huh, interesting. My DCU car loan isn't even on auto payment, I have to manually make the payment each month. Maybe I'll try paying it through Plastiq, I'm almost 2 years into the loan anyway. And my payment is $246 and  I round up to $250, so I might try Plastiq for the payment amount and pay the bit extra through my DCU account to keep them happy.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Harvey26,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem paying VW Credit.  Are you trying to pay with an American Express card or other card?

Also, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team at service@plastiq.com or via live chat on our website.  We can take a closer look and see what we can do to help you get your payment through. Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.