Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plat Delta Amex 25K MQD Waiver

tag
Yankee85
Established Member

Plat Delta Amex 25K MQD Waiver

Does anyone know what is the timeline as to when bonus MQMs are deposited into a Delta Skymiles account once reaching the 25K spend? Delta said to call AMEX, AMEX said to call Delta. *face palm*

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Plat Delta Amex 25K MQD Waiver

Congrats on the spend milestone. When did the total of $25k complete ( get past Authorized ) ?

There is a tracker bar on the Delta app that shows your progress toward the $25k MQD Waiver. How does that bar look now?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 5
Yankee85
Established Member

I reached it last week on 11/14.The delta app is showing 5K+ is still needed. The card spend meter on delta's site had a note in fine print that showed the last update was 11/8, it shows 2K+ is still needed. My statement cut on the 18th reflecting all posted charges, and I received my miles for my Amex purchases but no other update to skymiles. 

Message 3 of 5
brandon1767
Established Member

H Re: Plat Delta Amex 25K MQD Waiver

Just checked with a friend who did this, he said the MQMs posted within a few days.

Banking with: Ally Bank (Savings), NFCU (Credit), and US Bank (Biz and Personal Checking)
Started August 2018 (No Credit History)
FICO 8 (11/01/2021): EX 791, TU 800 | FICO 9 (11/01/2021): EQ 821
Message 4 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Yankee85 wrote:

Does anyone know what is the timeline as to when bonus MQMs are deposited into a Delta Skymiles account once reaching the 25K spend? Delta said to call AMEX, AMEX said to call Delta. *face palm*

The Status Boost MQMs should be available for Delta to add to the batch immediately after the tracker on the Amex website shows the $25k/$50k/$75k/$100k spend.  For Delta Reserve, there is a long delay if you take no action before it defaults to depositing them into your account, but going to the landing page to select whether you want to keep them or gift them they usually deposit within a day.  Since there is no gifting option for Platinum SkyMiles, they should just be automatically deposited within a few days or weeks after completing the spend; you just have to wait until the batch has been completed by Delta.

As for the MQD Waiver, Delta is really all over the board on when their tracker gets updated.  Sometimes it will update every few days and sometimes it will go a month without updating.  FWIW Delta usually runs updates on Saturdays along with many other batched tasks, but not always.  I just looked, and mine hasn't updated since the 6th.  However, I hit a $30k boost on personal Delta Reserve the following week and already claimed those MQMs, even though the last of that spend isn't reflected in the MQD Waiver bar below yet in my Delta account (I had previous spend on my business Delta Reserve and a 4-digit merchant credit hit in January for a charge in 2020 that slowed the progress).

Since your title and post are asking two related but slightly different questions, the contact Amex or contact Delta if things don't get updated depends on whether you are talking about the MQM Status Boost or MQD Spend and what is showing in your Amex account.  If Amex is showing that you have hit the necessary spend on the Status Boost tracker (which will likely differ from the YTD spending shown on statements and the YTD spend link) for the Status Boost, then I would give it a few weeks and then contact Delta if you don't see a change.

Everything is retroactive to when it actually happened, at least.  However the delay in getting things updated can result in a delay in achieving  Medallion status (or a higher status) or correctly showing that you have hit the MQD Waiver, both of which can affect upgrades.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.