Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Mercedes-Benz AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum Mercedes-Benz AMEX

Hey everyone, 

I'm thinking about PC'ing from my standard AMEX Platinum to the Mercedes Benz variant. 

Anybody have the card? and what're your thoughts on it? 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Platinum Mercedes-Benz AMEX

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, 

I'm thinking about PC'ing from my standard AMEX Platinum to the Mercedes Benz variant. 

Anybody have the card? and what're your thoughts on it? 

Thanks in advance. 

I don't see how that PC is possible. If you can move from one variant to another, I'd move my Ameriprise Plat to the Schwab version. 

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had called in and the representative confirmed that a PC was possible for the Mercedes-Benz Platinum. However, I believe you can't for the schwab and goldman sachs because of the relationship needed. 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had called in and the representative confirmed that a PC was possible for the Mercedes-Benz Platinum. However, I believe you can't for the schwab and goldman sachs because of the relationship needed. 

I am a Schwab member, it's where all my banking is done + Roth IRA + 529 + Savings.

What about the MB version makes you want to PC to it? 

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I would call in and see if it's possible then, you might be in luck. 

I'm thinking about PCing because I believe it has the exact same benefits as the standard platinum plus more if I'm not mistaken. 

It's more of a "why not" and get more benefits type of reason. 

Message 5 of 19
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I got my MB Plat a couple years ago when the sign up bonus was 75k. For me the only perk I use of it is the $100 gift card to a Mercedes dealership to use in their store. I have bought some pretty interesting model cars with mine. It used to be that the card had a higher annual fee compared with the regular card, but looking at the MB page that doesn't appear to be the case now, both Plat's have an annual fee of $550. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah I wouldn't mind some cool model cars haha.

Seeing that the annual fees are the same, I'll probably be PCing.

Message 7 of 19
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah I wouldn't mind some cool model cars haha.

Seeing that the annual fees are the same, I'll probably be PCing.

Don't forget the $1,000 certificate you can earn if you spend $5K in a year (which is nothing, really). If you're planning on buying a new Mercedes in the near future, that benefit plus the excess mileage waiver (up to 2,000 miles per lease) could be beneficial as well. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I think the card holds a lot of potential for me. Just PC’d to it today and pretty excited for the added benefits. And the Mercedes symbol on the card is also a nice touch Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my Platinum card to the MB version a few years ago. The annual fee is $575 compared to the regular Platinum at $550.

You may be able to get a new sign up bonus if you open a new account.

I just used my $1000 voucher when I purchased a new MB in December. The voucher was easy to use and was on top of other discounts I already negotiated with the dealer. You will also get 2,000 miles over allowed waived at lease end.

Annually you will receive a $100 voucher that can be used towards parts or accessories at the MB dealer.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.