Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

I just got a notifcation from Creditsesame that 2 new accounts reported on Experian: both Amex. The problem? I didn't apply for any Amex accounts.

How should I start with checking this out? Call Experian? Call Amex?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

@Jasir wrote:

I just got a notifcation from Creditsesame that 2 new accounts reported on Experian: both Amex. The problem? I didn't apply for any Amex accounts.

Pull EX report ASAP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 29
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

It happening to me too, I checked and everything was fine.

Message 3 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

i just thought of this: I asked a friend to add me as an AU to his Amex on June 7th. He said he chose to add me to a different card instead, but told me after he added me the was maxed out. I told him to remove me then because I feared a mazed out card (didn't think it was Amex) would do more harm than good. I presume this is the reporting before it was able to be removed (unless he didn't remove me). I will check into this on his end.

If he didn't remove me should I keep the near-maxed out Amex on my report as an AU? Think the prestige of the Amex could assist me a few months down the line?

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 4 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

i just thought of this: I asked a friend to add me as an AU to his Amex on June 7th. He said he chose to add me to a different card instead, but told me after he added me the was maxed out. I told him to remove me then because I feared a mazed out card (didn't think it was Amex) would do more harm than good. I presume this is the reporting before it was able to be removed (unless he didn't remove me). I will check into this on his end.

If he didn't remove me should I keep the near-maxed out Amex on my report as an AU? Think the prestige of the Amex could assist me a few months down the line?

Answer Oh H - l l

NO

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Answer Oh H - l l

NO

Lol. I just checked my email history; he said he added me to UBT since his Amex was a charge card. The UBT he said was at about 90% UTL on a $1200 CL I believe. I remember looking up UBT and they seem to be small bank he may have had for a long time. He's a secretive bugger and not very clear when he explains his credit finances!

Message 6 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Answer Oh H - l l

NO

Lol. I just checked my email history; he said he added me to UBT since his Amex was a charge card. The UBT he said was at about 90% UTL on a $1200 CL I believe. I remember looking up UBT and they seem to be small bank he may have had for a long time. He's a secretive bugger and not very clear when he explains his credit finances!

Lol

Maxed out cards do you no good in fact hurt scores ...sorry but you know me (truth)Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the advice & reminder. I already was trying to figure a wau to salvage this blunder, lol! Can I call Experian and claim a dispute on the Amex accounts and then be allowed to view the credit report free that way?

Message 8 of 29
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

If u havent gotten your free annual report go to annualreport.com i believe is the link. Then u can dispute it. Or just csll the bank and remove yourself as au...or je might have to do it homself since hes the main account holder...gl!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 29
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the typos...damn iphone and fat fingers...lol

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.