Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please Adise - Unexpected Credit Sesame Update

I already used my free annual reports for the year. I asked about disputing it because I am just assuming it could be AU accounts. But according to my friend in the email, he added me to UBT (not Amex). Plus it says 2 Amex accounts. I'm still waiting to hear fro my friend to confirm if he indeed added me to his Amex account. Otherwise, I have no idea where the accounts originated.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 11 of 29
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

How long ago did u get ur reports? I believe u can use ur report number to file a dispute online...then u can review those accounts.

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 12 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately those reports are only available online for 30 days and do not update. I pulled back in April so the report has expired, plus it wouldn't have shown the new Amex line yet; it just reported on July 15th according to CreditSesame. Thanks for the suggestion (I did quickly try it!).

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 13 of 29
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Which cr? Im still using the same report number since feb fir experian and eq...im not sure about updates for added accounts but i monitor my inqs and they sure update.

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 14 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

I just tried for my Experian report; got the 30-day expiration notice. I will check to see if the same happens for the other two.

Message 15 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

No dice with Equifax or Transunion either. I will call Experian tomorrow to address the issue.

Message 16 of 29
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Credit Card piggybacking only works if the account owner is related to you (Wife/husband/parents). I suspect if you are added as AU on a friend's card it wont report to your Credit. But thats just a guess. They have modified the law of AU as lots of credit fix companies were illegally adding users to unknown people's credit cards with big limits and old history. Thats against FCRA law.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 17 of 29
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

I just looked at my updated TU file. One Amex account is showing as an AU. Here is the info verbatim (account # "hidden"):

AMERICAN EXPRESS  #123456789****
PO BOX 981537
EL PASO, TX 79998
(800) 874-2717
Date Opened:     06/11/2013
Responsibility:     Authorized Account
Account Type:     Open Account
Loan Type:     CREDIT CARD

Balance:     $2,120
Date Updated:     07/13/2013
Payment Received:     $0
High Balance:     $3,189

Pay Status:     Current; Paid or Paying as Agreed

Should I just leave it be? Or have my friend remove me for certain, or call to make sure myself? The UTL is pretty high.

Message 18 of 29
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

I just got a notifcation from Creditsesame that 2 new accounts reported on Experian: both Amex. The problem? I didn't apply for any Amex accounts.

How should I start with checking this out? Call Experian? Call Amex?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

same here! but mine was total rewards visa.....think it was just a credit sesame glitch! happened like a week ago. pulled my report, and nothing had changed(i already had a Total rewards visa).Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 29
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Credit Sesame has been glitching for me lately and everything that shows up on the monitoring shows twice. I got a cli from GE and it said I got two increases. So it is likely the one AU account showing up. If that's a charge card utilization doesn't matter, but depending on what your profile looks like being an au isn't really going to help much anyways. 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.