Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help me understand how rates work

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Please Help me understand how rates work

Citi Diamond Preferred DISCLOSURES

Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for purchases 0.00% for 9 months from date of account opening for APR 1. After that, 12.24% variable. 0.00% for 6 months from date of account opening for APR 2. After that, 16.24% variable. 0.00% for 6 months from date of account opening for APR 3. After that, 20.24% variable. †

My question is: Are new accounts no longer attached to the prime rate? I only ask because my Citi Card has been at the same rate for 7 months. My PNC Visa Signature has the same

Standard Purchase APR 5.240%.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help me understand how rates work

"variable rate" = prime plus %

The multiple rates they showed is saying that depending your your credit, you will get one of them.  3 tiers of prime plus a number for that term.

Message 2 of 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Please Help me understand how rates work

If you can, the best way to understand CC interest rates is to not revolve a balance.  If you have to revolve a balance, assume the worst rate and have an exit date for when it will be PIF.

IMHO when and if the new CC law takes effect, it will be a bumpy road interest rate wise until the smoke clears.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.