Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Review my BCE Plan

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Please Review my BCE Plan

Well... Idk about borderline... I got a $3,500 limit... Lol I was expecting min of $1,000 to be honest. However, we've seen as low as $500 on here or $1,000.... Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 21
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

3500 CL maybe because of your income? Ive read alot of threads that say AMEX will pull another report if your borderline. I dont see any other reason that they would pull only 1 report for somebody and then 3 for somebody else.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 12 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I think it useless to apply for a card you do not want. I got a very generous line with American Express with no prior history with them at all. I say just go for the Blue Cash Everyday if that is what you really want.

A lot of people here seem to think that you must obtain a charge card before you get a revolving credit card and that is not true at all. As long as you have a decent history you should have no problem getting the Blue Cash Everyday.

They only looked at Experian with me.

Message 13 of 21
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I think it useless to apply for a card you do not want. I got a very generous line with American Express with no prior history with them at all. I say just go for the Blue Cash Everyday if that is what you really want.

A lot of people here seem to think that you must obtain a charge card before you get a revolving credit card and that is not true at all. As long as you have a decent history you should have no problem getting the Blue Cash Everyday.

Exactly! Never get a card you dont want because your just messing up your AAoA and taking an hp for nothing. From what i read its easier to get a charge card but im sure its not THAT much easier. Go for the card you want and dont waist your time on one that you wont use.

Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 14 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well... True dat... Income is good for my age esp considering I don't even pay rent (I work where I live) or have any other fixed expenses LOL no car payment, not even insurance; ai take the bus to class hehe... Only have my credit cards to pay :-) well, and my stupid tuition...., and I'm a sucker for a nice bottle of wine LOL!!!!! Got me there ;-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

IF you wanna build history with Amex, put a couple thousand in a high yield personal savings... I put $2k in there literally two weeks before I impulsively apped. I highly doubt that matters, but Amex is just simply prestigious-no denying that!:-P
Message 16 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
IF you wanna build history with Amex, put a couple thousand in a high yield personal savings... I put $2k in there literally two weeks before I impulsively apped. I highly doubt that matters, but Amex is just simply prestigious-no denying that!:-P

Having money in a bank does not always guarantee a credit card. I can guarantee you though, that no bank is going to rush to extend you credit with only 2000 in an account with them. I know most people on here think American Express is the most highly desireable card, but I am just not seeing it. I really think Chase and PNC are a lot better.

Message 17 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's exactly what I didnt say lol ... I was just suggesting to the op if he wants to build banking history with Amex, he might try that just as an enhancement for future applications... Lol
And really nothing is guaranteed so please don't be rude to me.
I agree with you that the op shouldn't just get a random card he doesn't want...

Furthermore, Amex is actually known for their strict uw'ing standards..not a secret at all lol
I got like $131 in cashback from Chase Freedom last month; I looooovveeee Chase. In fact, they are my primary bank :-):-):-):-)
Message 18 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I did not mean to come off as rude. I'm just saying, 2000 is really not a lot to a bank.

I guess I just got computer glitch with American Express. I was approved without much credit history at all and they gave five times the highest limit I had at that time. I earn cashback with Chase faster since I can purchase bank accounts with the Freedom, but not American Express. Their cashback is also very slow to post. PNC posts the same day the transaction does. but American Express is like two cycles.

Message 19 of 21
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Sorry, I did not mean to come off as rude. I'm just saying, 2000 is really not a lot to a bank.

I guess I just got computer glitch with American Express. I was approved without much credit history at all and they gave five times the highest limit I had at that time. I earn cashback with Chase faster since I can purchase bank accounts with the Freedom, but not American Express. Their cashback is also very slow to post. PNC posts the same day the transaction does. but American Express is like two cycles.

Any CC company is really unpredictable when it comes to approvals and CL's you could have a much better credit report and get declined when somebody else gets approved.. But AMEX is known to be the hardest company to get a CC from not saying they have the hardest cards to get but the company as a whole, if that makes sence. And about AMEX personal savings they have a high yield savings that beats just about everybody!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.