Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please post Duck card denials

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Please post Duck card denials

@12njoy wrote:

I applied for the Duck card late last year (October) and was denied due to delinquency within the past 24 months.  This was from a chargeoff from 2008 that was settled in October 2012.  To make a long story short, I would like to keep up with any Duck denials because my plan is to apply again in November 2014.  I have since my denial added about $22,000 to my portfolio, but I'm still longing for that Duck card.  There are plenty approved for the Duck/Beaver cards, but few posts regarding denials.  If you would, please posts denial reason and your stats (I was denied with EQ FICO 686 with 1 baddie within 24 months).  This will be a good way for those of us who may be on the borderline of approval to make an informed decision on whether to apply or not.  Thanks in advance for any posts.Smiley Embarassed

Great idea for a thread...I'll be reading these!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 63
12njoy
Super Contributor

@yogi192,

Thank you for posting.  This is in line with the general consensus that baddies must be over 2 years old.  This helps a lot because I think recent (within 2 years) baddies will override a credit score and vice/versa.  Thanks again.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 12 of 63
12njoy
Super Contributor

@indiolatino61,

You look like a shoe in for the Duck card.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 13 of 63
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm interesting, I hear alot of great news about the Duck Card. Nice to see some news regarding the denials so I have an clue what to expect. It's funny because that's exactly what I did when I applied for an AMEX (assumed 3 years without an baddie for a decent limit)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 14 of 63
12njoy
Super Contributor

@efranklin23,

I see, like me, you have that little straggler on your siggy (Tropical Financial).  I was considering closing my little straggler (USAA $600 card), but it's a year old so it's helping my very short AAoA. Smiley LOL

___________ 12Njoy
Message 15 of 63
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@efranklin23,

I see, like me, you have that little straggler on your siggy (Tropical Financial).  I was considering closing my little straggler (USAA $600 card), but it's a year old so it's helping my very short AAoA. Smiley LOL

Closing it will not affect your AAoA as it will remain on file for 10 years post close. It would affect your AAoOA (Avg age of open accts) but FICO doesn't use this for calcs only a few FAKO's do.

Message 16 of 63
12njoy
Super Contributor

@gdale6,

Thanks for the info.  I suspect TU is one FAKO that it affects.  I saw dramatic drops when I closed my two secured cards from TU.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 17 of 63
kiasmith1974
Contributor

I was denied with an EQ score of 634. It is my lowest score and has 1 collection of $56 and 2 180 sallie may lates. My EX and TU were both 670 but they used EQ.

My DH was approved for a $1500 cl with an EQ score of 690+ and high uti at the time. His only cards are a kays store card and AU on my cards

Starting FICO 485
Myfico 635 (3/01/14)
EX FAKO 667 EQ 697 Barclaycard TU 707 4/27/14 (yea!)
Mortgage Ready End of 2015
Message 18 of 63
12njoy
Super Contributor

@kiasmith1974,

Thanks for posting.  This helps.  Are you collection and lates within the past 2 years?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 19 of 63
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@kiasmith1974

Thanks for sharing. Those results confirm another suspicion that i just barely squeezed in under the wire for an approval by a hair. My EQ was my absolute lowest report reflected by their letter with 00649. Util however was low enough i suppose to earn a pass. Limit (2500)
Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.