Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Card Titan vs. Amex Gold/Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Point Card Titan vs. Amex Gold/Platinum

Has anyone heard of this card?

Seems to be competing against Amex charge cards (Gold/Platinum) with no credit check, based off income. With a hefty $400 annual fee.

Let's start a discussion about it...

Here's a link to reserve a spot on the waitlist: https://www.point.app/titan

15 REPLIES 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Point Card Titan vs. Amex Gold/Platinum

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/First-startup-charge-card/m-p/6460943

Another discussion of the card.

Based on the available details, I'm not interested.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 16
Openwater
Established Contributor

Interesting, never heard of it. Seems like the X1 concepts are starting to make their way to other lenders....

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 3 of 16
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

Interesting... sounds like a X1 clone crossed with the US Bank Cash+ / Elan MCP, but as you said, targeting Amex Platinum and Visa Infinite customers given the annual fee and income/assets requirement.

I put myself on the waiting list (#6789) just to see what an offer would look like, but I doubt I'll accept it.

TCL: $401.4k
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DJRobbieD wrote:

Interesting... sounds like a X1 clone crossed with the US Bank Cash+ / Elan MCP, but as you said, targeting Amex Platinum and Visa Infinite customers given the annual fee and income/assets requirement.

I put myself on the waiting list (#6789) just to see what an offer would look like, but I doubt I'll accept it.

I'm currently in search of possibly getting a Amex Gold. I'm surprised it's only a 6000 person waitlist honestly. Yes $400 is a high AF but with no credit check/HP I'm baffled not a lot of people are on this card. 

Message 5 of 16
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

I'm currently in search of possibly getting a Amex Gold. I'm surprised it's only a 6000 person waitlist honestly. Yes $400 is a high AF but with no credit check/HP I'm baffled not a lot of people are on this card. 

You'd likely be better off with the Amex Gold. The $250 AF can be reduced down to $10 via Uber and GrubHub credits.  Based on the limited information we have so far, this Titan card lacks any credits or SUB to help offset the $399 AF.

Message 6 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Despite being billed as "the modern charge card with no spending limits", if you can qualify with $10k in liquid assets and no credit check, they're probably going to keep you on a pretty tight spending leash.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DJRobbieD wrote:

You'd likely be better off with the Amex Gold. The $250 AF can be reduced down to $10 via Uber and GrubHub credits.  Based on the limited information we have so far, this Titan card lacks any credits or SUB to help offset the $399 AF.

Great point! They'll definitely need a nice SUB to get some customers. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

Despite being billed as "the modern charge card with no spending limits", if you can qualify with $10k in liquid assets and no credit check, they're probably going to keep you on a pretty tight spending leash.

They'll learn quickly if they have no credit check on this "pristine" card with no spending limit they're in for a wake up call. Probably a soft pull would be the best bet for them. 

Message 9 of 16
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

They'll learn quickly if they have no credit check on this "pristine" card with no spending limit they're in for a wake up call. Probably a soft pull would be the best bet for them. 

From their website:

4. When you apply for PointCard Titan, we do not run a hard credit inquiry. Our approval process does not affect your credit score.

Because they specifically call out a "hard credit inquiry", I suspect they'll run a soft inquiry during the application process, ala X1 and Apple. But it sounds like they won't hit you with a HP after accepting.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.