Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points Strategy Suggestions

tag
mattmix36
Contributor

Points Strategy Suggestions

Okay...I made it one day without applying for a card, it was tough, but I'm in the garden.

My recent app spree left me with some awesome point cards that have some sweet deals, but I think it's going to be tight charging the appropriate amounts to the appropriate cards to receave all benefits.

These are the easy challenges:

I just completed the $2k challenge in 90 days with my AMEX Platinum for 25k points.

Marriott Rewards Card: I need to spend $1k in 90 days for 50k points.

Barclay: first purchase gets me 5000 points.

United Club Card: First purchase gets me a $100 statement credit.

Now for the more challenging, challenges:

Chase Ink: $200 cashback after spending $3k in 90 days.

NFCU Flagship Rewards: 30k points after spending $3k in 90 days.

Any suggestions on strategy here would be awesome.  I'm unsure, as of now, as to which of these are a better deal...How much $$ is the 5000 barclay points wortt, are 50k marriott points worth more than 30k Navy Fed points or $200 for chase??? This is the type of stuff I could use help with from you experienced folks Smiley Wink

What order would you suggest knocking these out in?

I can't think of a greater way to spend my first three months in the garden...trying to figure how to spend my money to get the best bang for my buck Smiley Wink

Like I said, I think that achieving all of these on my income is very doable...however, it is going to be uber tight!  I bring in 1500 to 1600 every two weeks (no housing payment because the 1600 rent is auto-deducted from my military pay...man I wish I could run this through my cards!!!).

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Points Strategy Suggestions

@mattmix36 wrote:

My recent app spree left me with some awesome point cards that have some sweet deals, but I think it's going to be tight charging the appropriate amounts to the appropriate cards to receave all benefits.

That really should be considered during the planning and research phase.

Message 2 of 3
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Points Strategy Suggestions

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.