cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poked the bear. Got mauled. But, I'll live...

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Poked the bear. Got mauled. But, I'll live...

So, after Sync froze my accounts, and I got my blue envelope.. crossed out the LN information on the form, and replaced it with Sync's info.. and sent it back to them... I hadn't heard back from them since I sent it in.. Meanwhile, I opened a GAP card. ( I just HAD to poke the bear to see what would happen)  So, the other day, I went to log in, and it was frozen. I called Sync, and they said that I had another envelope coming.. and to follow the instructions, and send it back in... Well, yesterday, I got my new blue envelope... In it was the note below... I called a friend of mine that is with the IRS, and asked if the second half of it was correct. They said yes, and no. Sync can send a paper form into the IRS, and they will still release the information to them,as long as they are on the form as the 3rd party, But, if LN is used, the data will be transmitted electronically to them, as LN is an approved agent. So, it's a halftruth.  I then called Sync fraud dept., and eventually got to a supervisor. I explained my conversation with the IRS, and tht, in fact, their little note was NOT TRUE, as Sync CAN deal directly with the IRS, but IF they choose to use an outside contractor, that contractor (LN) does have to be an approved one.. After a 5 minute discussion, he agreed to LET ME SEND IN THE FORM WITH SYNCHRONY'S INFO, NOT LN's. He stated that it would be valid, but might take a little longer, as they would have to wait for the physical reply from the IRS... So, off the modified form went today in the mail.. I'll update when I see aht they do in the end... (the only Sync account I have left after I closed them all is GAP)

image.jpg

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Poked the bear. Got mauled. But, I'll live...

That's funny!   Of course with this posting several people will follow your lead if you're successful with getting things thawed out by this method.  Myself I only hold onto 1 account with them and that's because they finally budged on a CLI to 25K on it after a couple of years of trying to get them to move on it.  I've had said account on ice though for about  a year now in protest to their policies before the increase.  Since it's a Sam's MC it'll get used at least once a year for the membership fee.  It's a nice cushion at this point but not a favorite for racking up rewards since they're captive until Feb of the following year.  

Message 2 of 13
r34dy2fly
Contributor

Why not opt for Lexus to do the check if its quicker? Any specific reason?

Message 3 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@r34dy2fly wrote:

Why not opt for Lexus to do the check if its quicker? Any specific reason?

Why do I want a 3rd party to see my tax return information? So they can do more data mining on me than they already do? We are talking about a company that has been hacked numerous times, and had a few data breaches - not to mention that they are at the forefront of data mining and data aggregation. I have NO ISSUE giving the information to the lender. But, that's where the buck stops. They are the ONLY people that need the info, and I don't think it needs to be passed thru another set of hands

Furthermore, I don't NEED the credit from Sync. I have more than enough available from better lenders..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I wouldn't bust my butt to keep a Gap card.
Message 5 of 13
r34dy2fly
Contributor

Fair enough.

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

A Gap visa, maybe, a gap store card , hmm no! Smiley Wink

JkSmiley Happy Thanks for the update fltireguy!. Cant wait to read the sequalSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree. I wouldn't bust my butt to keep a Gap card.

Principle.. LOL!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

What prevents sync sending it on to LN for processing? The form explicitly states that the Irs cannot control what a 3rd party (sync) does with the info. Sync probably has no procedures for processing it themselves so will either send it on or, most likely, just close. So not sure of the real gain!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe the crap Synch is pulling and that people are willing to put up with it.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.