cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Apping regret? List card(s) you regret applying for.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poll: Apping regret? List card(s) you regret applying for.

Now that we're past the forward-thinking "New Year's Resolution" frenzy, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on credit apps past.  List any cards you regret apping for and why.

I regret apping for the Hooters MC.
I got caught up in the frenzy in October.  I was approved for the card with horrible terms.  The CL was a measly $1K; there was a $36 AF; and the APR was 24.99%.  (Yikes!)  I cancelled it immediately.  Smiley Mad (At the time, my Fico TU was 668 with 1 inq).

Regrets, anyone?
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Poll: Apping regret? List card(s) you regret applying for.

CITI Dividends Plat Select MC. I just created this thread moments ago.

Message 2 of 30
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused wrote:
CITI Dividends Plat Select MC. I just created this thread moments ago.

I am surprised you remember getting it 28 years ago!!  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target...received Visa with $5000 limit, but awful APR plus I took a major hit on my scores for it.. Obviously CRA didn't think I needed any more TL. Just waiting for it to age now.
Message 4 of 30
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Target / Macy's / Old Navy / Dillards. Each came with $200 CL and costed a hard inq. I wish I did not applied for these cards. I should waited or applied for better cards instead of these cards.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper Visa...cl $400, and a silly QVC card....same cl. Smiley Sad

Time to dump both of them, me thinks.
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I regret apping for most of the cards I got/tried to get in my early rebuilding days.

First Premier: Received an offer but never took them up on it.  Still have an INQ to show for it.

Hooters: Denied because I didn't have any revolving TLs.  In retrospect I'm glad I didn't get it.

Macy's: Denied for the same reason as Hooter's.  What was I thinking?  I never shop there.

Orchard Secured: Got the card, even though I probably could have gotten an unsecured card at the time.  Will be kicking them to the curb shortly.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSN - but then they didn't even pull (I was using an MC) - so maybe not so bad but lousy CL of $300...
Message 8 of 30
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Definitely Hooters MC. I got caught up in the frenzy of everyone getting their ridiculous CLs, and I applied and got $500 with a $36 AF. Lame.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 30
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Credit one bank. They gave me a $200 CL and on the 4th staement they Cli to $350 but they charge you a fee of 5.95 whenever you make a payment online or by phone everytime. (That's Nuts) Plus they theres also an annual fee. Hoping to cancel soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.