Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive experience with BOA

tag
Dilbert934
New Contributor

Positive experience with BOA

Don't know if it has to do with being a BOA Platinum Honors client, but I had a great experience with them today.

Apparently last week I accidently used my BOA credit card at an ATM to withdraw $100.  I saw on the receipt that it was "from checking" so I figured it was somehow internally linked to my checking account.  Checked my recent transactions today and found a $10 ATM charge on my credit card!  I called up BOA and explained the situation to them.  They credited their $10 charge as well as the $2.50 imposed by the foreign ATM.  They also walked me through changing my PIN so that it no longer matches by ATM card.  Well done, BOA.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
New Contributor

Re: Positive experience with BOA

This is good to hear. I just opened a Premium Rewards card and moved over assets to establish Platinum Honors.  Was in the branch today talking to a banker and learned that you can actually speed up Platinum Honors by moving more than $100K... 

For example, if you move $300K then it will only take one month to establish the $100K three month average balance.  I was under the impression that it had to unfold over 3 months regardless of asset level.

Message 2 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@851 wrote:

This is good to hear. I just opened a Premium Rewards card and moved over assets to establish Platinum Honors.  Was in the branch today talking to a banker and learned that you can actually speed up Platinum Honors by moving more than $100K... 

For example, if you move $300K then it will only take one month to establish the $100K three month average balance.  I was under the impression that it had to unfold over 3 months regardless of asset level.

What the banker told you contradicts my own personal emperical experience, which mirrored your impression. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 4
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting about your good experience.  People are quick to complain but seriously undervalue sharing the positives!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.