cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Epiphany Regarding NFCU's HP Love

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Contributor

Possible Epiphany Regarding NFCU's HP Love

I just had a thought regarding NFCU and their love of giving your credit a HP for everything.

My thought process is like this: I'm definitely going to go for them when we do an auto refi, and part of the reason why is because I hope they will be kind of forgiving of the 4 HPs I've received from them in a month, because THEY were the ones doing the pulling for products I've received.

Maybe that's the master plan here... That they hope you will come to them for future credit needs because you hope they will be forgiving of the inquiries since it was for products through them. That's why they give your report a squeeze even if you just THINK of opening a new card or asking for a CLI. They are marking you like a dog does a tree. "Mine mine mine, no one else will want you NOW!"

Just a thought...

Starting my rebuild!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Mega Contributor

Re: Possible Epiphany Regarding NFCU's HP Love

@hausfrau wrote:
I just had a thought regarding NFCU and their love of giving your credit a HP for everything.

My thought process is like this: I'm definitely going to go for them when we do an auto refi, and part of the reason why is because I hope they will be kind of forgiving of the 4 HPs I've received from them in a month, because THEY were the ones doing the pulling for products I've received.

Maybe that's the master plan here... That they hope you will come to them for future credit needs because you hope they will be forgiving of the inquiries since it was for products through them. That's why they give your report a squeeze even if you just THINK of opening a new card or asking for a CLI. They are marking you like a dog does a tree. "Mine mine mine, no one else will want you NOW!"

Just a thought...

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
New Contributor

Really though, if another bank turns you down for too many inqs, then NFCU approves you, they get more business and more love from you, because they got to be the hero when everyone else denied you.

"Come back to me, baby. You know NFCU is always here for you."

Starting my rebuild!

Message 3 of 6
Mega Contributor

@hausfrau wrote:
Really though, if another bank turns you down for too many inqs, then NFCU approves you, they get more business and more love from you, because they got to be the hero when everyone else denied you.

"Come back to me, baby. You know NFCU is always here for you."

Now if they would be there for those jealous non-military folk i'd be estatic!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

I think your putting to much thought into it.  The vast majority of the public hardly knows what an INQ is.  Not a clue that they called for a CLI that they took a hard pull.  No less able to put together that if Bank A denied them for to many INQ's that they could go back to CU A.  Good idea in theory though.

Message 5 of 6
New Contributor

Hey, I'm trying to feel like a genius over here! Smiley Wink

Starting my rebuild!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.